Error on Item Import: -109 Tax Type not Found

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
na3
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error on Item Import: -109 Tax Type not Found

I have a persistent error when attempting to import Items over the top of already existing Items. The intention is to update the MYOB database with any changes made to the items from our other system.  With the import settings set to update existing records, instead the importer will skip all records and for each one display:

Error -109: Tax Type is not found.

The Tax Type field is definitely filled, and with what I can gather is a valid entry.

I've created a file with a single record and imported it and I've uploaded both of this file and the log output. Any information on what is missing or what is being recorded incorrectly would be greatly helpful.

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Error on Item Import: -109 Tax Type not Found

Hi @na3 

Looking at the import file I can see that a few records have a blank space added to them and thus are impacting the importing of that information. The following fields I have identified are Buy, Inventory, Use Desc. On Invoice, Sell Price Inclusive and Inactive item. Ideally, these fields should be blank if you are not looking at updating that information. The Item Name and Description fields also contain a space at the end. Don't know if that is intentional or not but might an area worth correcting if needed prior to importing.

Also, if you are going to import the selling price I would recommend importing the "Price Level A, Qty Break 1 price" field as well with that import. This is to ensure that the selling price is updated. These do need to be the same value.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

na3
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error on Item Import: -109 Tax Type not Found

Hi @Steven_M,

You've nailed it - those empty spaces were throwing off the importer.

Thanks for taking the time.

Regards.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post