Excel reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SallyCampbell
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Excel reports

I am using MYOB account right 2021.4.0. I am unable to export reports to ecel and keep getting an error message, 

\Reports\Spreaadsheet\PL.XLT. I have looked up the the community page which talks about pasting reports from an old myob which I don't understand. Do I need to reinstall the software. It seems this is a common glitch.

Regards

Sally Campbell 

1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Excel reports

Hi @SallyCampbell 

Thanks for your post.

When you install AccountRight the installer will install a series of Excel Template files to be used when sending reports to Excel. In your case, it appears that the installer hasn't installed those templates, thus you are encountering an error when sending to Excel.

Is the file in the specified folder? In that case you should check your permission or security as this might be blocking access.

If the file is not in the folder location specified in the error message, I would recommend reinstalling AccountRight software, making sure the anti-virus software is disabled and running the installer as administrator (right-clicking on the installer file, and selecting the option to 'Run as Admin').

If you don't want to reinstall AccountRight, I would recommend following the process below that can be used to take the templates from a previous version and move these into your templates folder to likely resolve that situation. Note: It does assume that you have had a previous version of the AccountRight 20xx product range installed.

1. Ensure that AccountRight is closed
  2. Within Windows Explorer, navigate to the following path:
    C:\Users\---username--\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\20xx.x
    Username being the username that you use to log into Windows with and 20xx.x being a previously installed version
  3. Take a copy of the Reports folder
  4. Navigate to C:\Users\---username--\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\Current
  5. Paste that Reports folder inside that Current folder

The above process will take the Reports folder, the one that does contain the spreadsheets from a previous version, and then move it into where the AccountRight 2020.4.1 version is looking for them. By doing that as it is able to locate those spreadsheet files you would be able to send to Excel without that message appearing.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post