Exporting Reports To Excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
David011
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Exporting Reports To Excel

Hi,

Following the recent upgrade to Accountright Plus 2019.2.1, I am unable to export reports to Excel Office 2019. Export button is not greyed out. Screenshot of the unhelpful error message attached. Any help gratefully received. Regards, David.

Export Screenshot.PNG
7 REPLIES 7
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Exporting Reports To Excel

Hi @David011 , all the reports use Excel templates, do this msg means that the template for the selected report can't be found.  This help topic has more including the location. You could try reinstalling, or if you had an older version installed eg 2019.1, copy all the templates from that location to the new one. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

David011
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

@Mike_James wrote:

Hi @David011 , all the reports use Excel templates, do this msg means that the template for the selected report can't be found.  This help topic has more including the location. You could try reinstalling, or if you had an older version installed eg 2019.1, copy all the templates from that location to the new one. 

I have just resolved this by finding the older .xlt templates, which were located on my cloud storage, and copying them to my local computer. All reports so far tested, seem to work now. It's a pity we can't point MYOB to the files rather than re-locate them for MYOB as far as I am aware. 

Regards,

David.

Partner
1 Post
Partner
Australia

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am getting the same message when I try to export my reports to Excel...

I have read the answer to solving this problem, but I have no Idea what I am looking for and what I have to move from A to B

I agree with David, MYOB should find our files, NOT we have to move our files to suit MYOB.

Can someone give me so clear step by step  instructions for me to fix this problem thank you.

Regards... Colleen

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @11508932663 , welcome to the forum. 

Accountright uses excel template files (ending in .xlt or .xltx) when sending reports to Excel. 

These files are typically stored in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\201x.x\Reports\Spreadsheet. Where <Username is your windows login name, and 201x.x is your version number. 

Assuming you have a previous version of AccountRight installed, to resolve the error caused by missing templates, open file explorer and drill down to the OLD folder (eg ...2019.2...), select all the xlt/x files (Control+A), copy them (Control+C), then go back up the path until you can see the NEW version (eg ...2019.3...), and drill down into that folder, and locate the spreadsheet folder. Open the folder and paste all the files you copied earlier (Control + V). If necessary confirm to replace existing files.

Then test the send to Excel function again.

Note: I have assumed that none of the templates in the new folder have been modified since AccountRight was installed

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Basit
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Unable to export any of the reports to Excel, no error message. It just thinks for a while and nothing happens.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @Basit

Thank you for your post, so I can assist can I please clarify the following; 

• Is your file online or offline ? If it is online, are you able to check out the file and attempt to run the report, does it work?
  • Which report are you running and what is the period you are running the report for?
  • Which version of our software are you running ?

Also, I would suggest clearing your AccountRight cache as this can clear out any odd behaviours the software is having. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Basit
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos