File storage/opening methods

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sky2019
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

File storage/opening methods

1, I want to make the choice between XERO and MYOB.Last Saturday's customer service told me it has the differ users login from any computer any network, So I choose purchase the MYOB AccountRight and paid straightly. 

2,Today I have time to installment and set up. For the "My Library" location, which one is the suiteble option for me.

a>If I choose to save at local desktop disk, does any other users can access to the fiels or not. Such as my maneger login his users account from his computer at home to do his part job. 

b>If not, Can you please let me know which one of the follows could achived it, AccountRight (PC Edition),AccountRight (Serve Edition),AccountRight (MSI). I pay money to your compnay because your compnay told me your accountRight can let differ users login different computer,whereever just has the internet.

c> Or just choose to sign in the AccountRight Live.Then the local My Library data would be Synchronous the Data into somewhere in AccountRight Live. So My staff and manager would easy to login to do their job anytime at any computer,such as date synchronous to icloud.

I just want to know the location of My library would cause it can't synchronous at each computer may login or not. If it would be, how to set it can be like your company's promise before I pay money.

3, Today's unacceptable Perfunctory And unprofessional Customer Service staff, she just keep tell me how to install the software and ingore my word all the time which such as read the actor's lines.

And keep talk to me to find my IT Department to solve the issue if I want different level of permission access to open my library fiels to work.

Does your Customer Service staff Really know about your product or does they use it anytime before????? 

I don't think so!!!!

Even if you can't solve it or not sure about it, you can ask your senior staff to help.

But not Perfunctory!!!

Really poor service, or maybe just want to sale your course?????

This week if it can't give a clear feedback, I have to uninstall the software and ask to cancel it.

5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,441 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,441Posts

2,248Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Today's Unacceptable Perfunctory And unprofessional Customer Service

@Sky2019 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Firstly let me say sorry if you had a poor experience with the phone support person.

Hopefully I can answer some of you questions for you.

"1, I want to make the choice between XERO and MYOB.Last Saturday's customer service told me it has the differ users login from any computer any network, So I choose purchase the MYOB AccountRight and paid straightly."

So you wanted to choose between Xero and MYOB and you chose MYOB Account Right. Good Choice.

"2,Today I have time to installment and set up. For the "My Library" location, which one is the suiteble option for me.

a>If I choose to save at local desktop disk, does any other users can access to the fiels or not. Such as my maneger login his users account from his computer at home to do his part job.

b>If not, Can you please let me know which one of the follows could achived it, AccountRight (PC Edition),AccountRight (Serve Edition),AccountRight (MSI). I pay money to your compnay because your compnay told me your accountRight can let differ users login different computer,whereever just has the internet.

c> Or just choose to sign in the AccountRight Live.Then the local My Library data would be Synchronous the Data into somewhere in AccountRight Live. So My staff and manager would easy to login to do their job anytime at any computer,such as date synchronous to icloud."

So you want to install the software but not sure which version you should use or the loaction to install it to.

If you have individual computers or laptops then I would use the PC version and install it on all computers and laptops that will be used.

If you have an office setup with a server and lots of desktops then I would use the SE version and install on every computer that will be used.

You could also install the PC version on all computers and just save the backup to the server. I have set a few companies up like this and they are all happy with how it works.

The Account Right automatically installs to a Library location but this can be changed at a later date if you want to. Have a read of the MYOB SUPPORT NOTE on Manage Libraries.

When you first install the program you will need to create a data file. Be VERY CAREFULL doing this as you only get one data file - if you do it wrong then you will need to purchase a second file. If you are not sure how to do this get help from a MYOB CC. Check out the Partner Shearch here.

Once installed and you have created the data file the file is saved online in the cloud but you can also save a backup to your computer. You can use the file either in the cloud in which case you can have many users using it at the same time all over the world or you can take it out of the cloud and use it as a desktop in which case ONLY the person that takes it out of the cloud can use it.

Every person that needs to use the program will need to be invited and create a my.myob login which they then use to login to the MYOB program. There are lots of MYOB SUPPORT NOTES relating to how to Invite Users. That you should have a read of.

If any time you need help you should first search the MYOB SUPPORT NOTES and if they can't help try the Community Forum.

Your english is a bit hard to follow but I hope I have been able to answer some of your questions.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,708 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,708Posts

4,372Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sky2019 

Great to see that @GDay53  has offered his assistance in regards to your enquiry. I just wanted to go through your options in terms of locating and opening a company file.

Option 1: You install the PC Edition of the software and select Open a Company File>>My Library and select the required file to open. This will allow you to use the company file on that computer. Note: other users would not be able to use the same file as yourself as they would need to be on the same computer.

Option 2: Upload the company file to the cloud. Once in the cloud, a user can access the company file from any location provided they have the software installed (PC Edition or Server Edition) and have been invited to use the company file. This would allow other users to use the same company file as yourself.

Option 3: You store the company file on a network library i.e. a host computer/server. This computer would need to be running the Server Edition of the software. You would then connect to that computer using the PC Editions installed on your computer. Our Help Article: Set up a network does go through the recommended setup of that. This would allow other users on the same computer network as yourself to use the same company file.

As @GDay53  has mentioned, if you do require further assistance don't hesitate to post on the Forum again, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sky2019
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@GDay53 Thanks for your reply, it's useful.

Cheers

Sky

@GDay53 wrote:

@Sky2019 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Firstly let me say sorry if you had a poor experience with the phone support person.

Hopefully I can answer some of you questions for you.

"1, I want to make the choice between XERO and MYOB.Last Saturday's customer service told me it has the differ users login from any computer any network, So I choose purchase the MYOB AccountRight and paid straightly."

So you wanted to choose between Xero and MYOB and you chose MYOB Account Right. Good Choice.

"2,Today I have time to installment and set up. For the "My Library" location, which one is the suiteble option for me.

b>If not, Can you please let me know which one of the follows could achived it, AccountRight (PC Edition),AccountRight (Serve Edition),AccountRight (MSI). I pay money to your compnay because your compnay told me your accountRight can let differ users login different computer,whereever just has the internet.

c> Or just choose to sign in the AccountRight Live.Then the local My Library data would be Synchronous the Data into somewhere in AccountRight Live. So My staff and manager would easy to login to do their job anytime at any computer,such as date synchronous to icloud."

So you want to install the software but not sure which version you should use or the loaction to install it to.

If you have individual computers or laptops then I would use the PC version and install it on all computers and laptops that will be used.

If you have an office setup with a server and lots of desktops then I would use the SE version and install on every computer that will be used.

You could also install the PC version on all computers and just save the backup to the server. I have set a few companies up like this and they are all happy with how it works.

The Account Right automatically installs to a Library location but this can be changed at a later date if you want to. Have a read of the MYOB SUPPORT NOTE on Manage Libraries.

When you first install the program you will need to create a data file. Be VERY CAREFULL doing this as you only get one data file - if you do it wrong then you will need to purchase a second file. If you are not sure how to do this get help from a MYOB CC. Check out the Partner Shearch here.

Once installed and you have created the data file the file is saved online in the cloud but you can also save a backup to your computer. You can use the file either in the cloud in which case you can have many users using it at the same time all over the world or you can take it out of the cloud and use it as a desktop in which case ONLY the person that takes it out of the cloud can use it.

Every person that needs to use the program will need to be invited and create a my.myob login which they then use to login to the MYOB program. There are lots of MYOB SUPPORT NOTES relating to how to Invite Users. That you should have a read of.

If any time you need help you should first search the MYOB SUPPORT NOTES and if they can't help try the Community Forum.

Your english is a bit hard to follow but I hope I have been able to answer some of your questions.

Sky2019
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M 

Thanks for the really useful infomation, and it's really clearly to solve all question that I have.You got the key point. It's really the solution I can pick up now.

Just one more small question, There is the option of "AccountRight Live" in the AccountRight 2018. What kinds of Date Synchronous when login. Is same Upload the company file to the cloud or only save the personal infomation to icloud for backup for in case.

Cheers

Sky

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Sky2019 

Great to see that @GDay53  has offered his assistance in regards to your enquiry. I just wanted to go through your options in terms of locating and opening a company file.

Option 1: You install the PC Edition of the software and select Open a Company File>>My Library and select the required file to open. This will allow you to use the company file on that computer. Note: other users would not be able to use the same file as yourself as they would need to be on the same computer.

Option 2: Upload the company file to the cloud. Once in the cloud, a user can access the company file from any location provided they have the software installed (PC Edition or Server Edition) and have been invited to use the company file. This would allow other users to use the same company file as yourself.

Option 3: You store the company file on a network library i.e. a host computer/server. This computer would need to be running the Server Edition of the software. You would then connect to that computer using the PC Editions installed on your computer. Our Help Article: Set up a network does go through the recommended setup of that. This would allow other users on the same computer network as yourself to use the same company file.

As @GDay53  has mentioned, if you do require further assistance don't hesitate to post on the Forum again, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,708 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,708Posts

4,372Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Sky2019 

Great to hear that you are finding posts on the Forum helpful.

When you upload your company file to the cloud, you work on that company file in real time with your other colleagues (users). For example, you might enter a sale in the file and another one of your colleagues will be able to see that sale appear at their end in that copy of the file (provided they are using the same file).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post