GST gremlin

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
94 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

94Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST gremlin

Hi there

Has anyone had any issues with invoices changing their GST status on their own? 

We've had quite a few occurrances lately where invoices that we made a while ago with GST included have changed themselves to N-T invoices?! 

We had created pdf's of these invoices, so have hard evidence of how the invoices were originally created.  There are only two of us here working on our MYOB file, so I"m not really sure how this is possible? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Lani

5 REPLIES 5
Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Re: GST gremlin

Hello Lani ( @LaniOUP )

Thank you for bringing your enquiry to the forums.

Are you able to provide a bit more information on any patterns or certain situations where you have noticed this please?  You mention that PDFs show the correct statuses, and would be keen to know if this is the case for all PDFs, or if there are certain invoices or all invoices where you are seeing this.

Any additional clarification would be greatly appreciated to help try and figure out what is happening.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
94 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

94Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Andrew,

I first really noticed it when I went into to do June BAS and the gst was really out from the March BAS.  When I compared my printed out GST report from March, there were invoices on there that contained GST, but when I re-ran the March GST report again in June (because the figures weren't making sense), the report for the same period had about 4 invoices no longer showing GST.  

Most recently we sent some invoices and when I went to match them in the bank feed, they no longer matched becauset the invoices in MYOB no longer had GST against them (even though the original invoice and pdf that we sent them had).  

So it seems like some invoices are intermittently having their GST removed after they've been saved.  

Lani

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello Lani ( @LaniOUP )

Thank you for that additional information, much appreciated.

I was looking around the forums for any clues on what could be causing this and wanted to see if the situation in this post is applicable at all for you or point you to areas that you might be able to investigate? SOLVED: GST Disappearing.

It is odd that the feed amounts are not the same.  I may need to consult with some of my colleagues as to what this may indicate.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
94 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

94Posts

21Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Andrew

I checked the previous forums.  We don't convert from orders or quotes.  We simply create an invoice from scratch.  

The issue seems to be very intermittant and hard to find a pattern to, so I'll keep an eye out for when it happens again. 

We dont do a high volume of invoicing, so we're not noticing it very often.  We maybe only do 10 invoices a month maximum.  

Thanks

Lani

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello Lani ( @LaniOUP )

You may need to check the audit report to see the history of the transaction in the Journal Security Audit Report to see if anything had been changed.  Hope that works in bringing up some answers for you.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post