Experienced Cover User
Australia
Rum
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Get me out of MYOB

Anyone have an alternative software supplier they can recommend? This over priced poorly supported MYOB is a joke. I would be out of business in 5 minutes if I treated clients like MYOB does. I was on the phone for an hour last evening and told to ring back today. (it was 4:55 and poor thing needed to go home). Today I have been on hold for 1 hour 30 minutes and counting. Being a 2 man operation we only have one phone line and have missed 4 calls already. Sadly I can not afford to miss any more calls and have to hang up now.Thanks MYOB.

I notice they dont even have a direct phone number for support. We are run through a filtering system and put on hold through each stage. We can't expect to be put through to these high powered techies can we. The online version of an Iphone shop where they all strut around looking important and doing very little.

The purpose of my call was to get help with the 2FA recently introduced. Why was it needed? Just another thing to go wrong. I have been working in finance for 35 years and can assure MYOB no one wants to look at accounting files. A simple password is more than sufficient.

I genuinely want to get away from MYOB. Please help

5 REPLIES
Partner RLB
9 Posts
Partner
Australia
RLB
Partner

9Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Get me out of MYOB

I use both myob and quickbooks/reckon for my clients.  I highly recommend reckon as their customer service is great, you can even email them queries and they actually get back to you!!  And the fact they are still providing a desktop option for those that don't have the need or want to go online is a big drawcard for a few of my myob clients so will be interesting to see what pans out in the future.  And they are cheaper...

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,874 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

3874Posts

1666Kudos

479Solutions

@Rum: There is a very real security risk around online accounting files, relating to supplier payments. Imagine a scenario where your accounting file is accessed by a criminal, and supplier bank account numbers are secretly changed, so that when the next round of payments is made, the money goes to a criminal and not to your supplier. 

This has happened, and $0,000s has been lost. 

2FA is one of the changes implemented to counter this issue. The other is that changes to supplier bank accounts are now notified to the online file owner, who has the opportunity to check they are valid. 

2FA includes an option to remember the device you are signing in from for 30 days. This feature has had problems, but is now said to be working correctly for most people, and it will reduce the necessity for frequent 2FA checks.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)
New: STP Reporting solution for (Aust) v19 users, email for details

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4478Posts

698Kudos

648Solutions

Hi @Rum

I couldn't help but notice your post and I'd like to solve the 2FA problem you mentioned in any way I can, if you let me know what troubles you're facing with it I can be sure to look into it for you. Feel free to send me a Private Message with the email address you're using that's being affected and the problem you're facing.

You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

In terms of why it's happening however, I'll quickly answer that now. It is a mandatory change specified by the ATO for DSP's (Digital Service Providers) which MYOB is one of. If you would like to read on this from the ATO, here are the links:

Under "Requirements for products and or services hosted by the DSP" Multifactor authentication (2FA) is listed as Mandatory and under Page 18 lists that DSPs must implement multifactor credentials by 30/06 and mandate their use by 30/09.

Note that 2FA is only implemented for Online-based logins as these are hosted by MYOB (The DSP), if you have your data local you won't be affected by 2FA unless you sign into an Online Portal hosted by MYOB.

Feel free to post any questions you might have on this information.

Bomper
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Bomper
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Stuck and can't get in

Please help!! I have tried downloading every app that is suggested to help with the authentication but nothing is working. What am I doing wrong???

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
4,478 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

4478Posts

698Kudos

648Solutions

Re: Stuck and can't get in

Hi @Bomper

Without knowing at what point the 2FA system is failing in your case, I'd be looking at doing a Reset on our end so that when you next log in it will attempt to start from scratch.

To get this organised, send me a Private Message with the email address you are using to sign in and I can reset this on our end.

You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post