Help with printing Reconciliation Reports when I don't have a printer that works?

Highlighted
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Help with printing Reconciliation Reports when I don't have a printer that works?

Back when I was in the old not-in-the-cloud Account Right Standard v. 19 and I was doing a Reconciliation of a bank statement, after it all reconciled,  I would tap the Reconcile button, then the Print button, and print out my Reconciliation Report and file it.  Then, when I tapped the Reconcile button again, all of those reconciled transactions disappeared, and I knew that I could never again get back to those transactions and that my only opportunity to print the report was there & then, between Reconcile and Reconcile.

Now, I have the latest in-the-cloud AccountRight 2020.1   Trouble is, my printer's playing up.  I am wondering if this will be my clever hack:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Printing+and+emailing+reports?searchfacet=support:help&searcht...

So, my plan is to just email each Reconciliation Report to myself, and then, when I get a new printer, I can open up each email and print the Reconciliation Reports out & file them.

Does anybody see any problems with that?  Also, is AccountRight 2020.1 different to Account Right Standard v. 19 - and are you able to go back and print Reconciliation Reports after you've already hit the Reconcile button two times?

Kind regards,

Happy Hippo Hacker

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,090 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,090Posts

5,035Kudos

5,426Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Help with printing Reconciliation Reports when I don't have a printer that works?

Hi @Hippopotamus 

I don't see a problem with that one - when you select Print Report on the Reconcile Accounts window when prompted the system will bring up the Reconciliation Report window with the desired information. At which point it becomes a normal report i.e. you could select to send it via email or export it out as a PDF... If it was me, I would be looking at just the Export>>PDF function, this would give you a PDF copy so that you can view straight away to ensure its correct (to give you peace of mind) and a copy to which you can print at a later date (when your printer is up and working).

You also mentioned AccountRight 2020 and re-printing that reconciliation report this is certainly possible. You want to follow the below steps:

1. Navigate to Reports>>Banking>>Cheques and Deposits
  2. Choose the Reconciliation Report
  3. If you run the report or select Advanced Filters the report window should generate
  4. Within the Filters>>Refinements section, you want to choose the individual account 
  5. When that has been selected, you'll have the option in the Dates section for Select by
  6. Using the Select by you can select List of Recorded Statement Dates and select the desired reconciliation date.
  7. You will need to select Run Report after updating those filters.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Help with printing Reconciliation Reports when I don't have a printer that works?

As I always say (when I'm listening to Slice of Heaven or Flight of the Conchords' Think about it), thank God for New Zealand.  I'm betting any minute Scomo will be allowing you guys to fly right on over here to Australia, and we'll be going over to yours.  Happy days.

I haven't tried your tips yet, but just on the strength of your reputation, I'm willing to press the Solved button on this one.

Thanks again!

Hippo

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post