Hi,I have Windows 7 & using MYOB Accounting Plus V19.Under Bank Reconciliation,I'd balanced per bank bank statement but made an error in posting.How do I force change the Calculated Statement Balance?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dilip
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi,I have Windows 7 & using MYOB Accounting Plus V19.Under Bank Reconciliation,I'd balanced per bank bank statement but made an error in posting.How do I force change the Calculated Statement Balance?

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Hi,I have Windows 7 & using MYOB Accounting Plus V19.Under Bank Reconciliation,I'd balanced per bank bank statement but made an error in posting.How do I force change the Calculated Statement

HI @Dilip 

The calculated statement balance cannot be force changed. Instead as it is made up of the opening balance of the account, combined with all transactions that have been previously reconciled as well as the transactions ticked in the current reconciliation.

So if the calculated statement balance was incorrect, you’d be looking at checking the previous reconciliation report to ensure that was correct against the corresponding bank statement. If there were any discrepancies you’d need to keep going back till the point you found the reconciliation report and bank statement matched, as the following one would likely be incorrect or missing information.

Once you’ve identified the error you’ll need to undo the reconciliations going back that far before correcting the error and reconciling forwards to the current date.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Dilip
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Hi,I have Windows 7 & using MYOB Accounting Plus V19.Under Bank Reconciliation,I'd balanced per bank bank statement but made an error in posting.How do I force change the Calculated Statement

Hi @Neil_M ,

Thank  you the explanation. I did go back  yesteerday to the point I found the reconciliation report and bank statement matched, then found the error and reconciled the bank statement.Thanks for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post