Eddie2
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hopeless Support from MYOB

Hi,

I called MYOB support this morning as having some issues with Accounts Right Premier 19.15 with error message "cmc_query_configuration "when sending emails and also not being able to check fo the updates after installing Office 365. The call was put on hold straight away WITHOUT any propmts for a call back options. It said waiting time 19 to 31 minutes at the begining but someone answered the call after 47 minutes. She was absolutely HOPELESS and after 10 times putting me on hold and trying to search some advices and all totally irrelevant put me on hold for another support team member. I was the 10th in the queue, after waiting a long time (2.5 HOURS alltogether) when I was the first in the queue they hung up on me. MYOB has increased the monthly subscription from $104 to $150, that's nearly 50% increase for this level of services. MYOB has NO email that users can send a complaint in writing. Last time when I was lucky enough to speak with someone about an isuue with AccountRight, I clearly told them that they're NOT authorised to charge our credit card until the problem is fixed and I received a Ref No for it but they charged our card regardless. Has anyone had this experience too? I appreciate any help form users as well as an answer from MYOB.

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,327Posts

5,857Kudos

6,474Solutions

Re: Hopeless Support from MYOB

Hi @Eddie2 

Sorry to hear that you have had that experience contacting our phone-based teams.

You mentioned that you are using AccountRight v19, as of September 2019 we do offer limited support for that older product range. With the focus being on the newer AccountRight 20xx product range.

In saying that, AccountRight v19 Support Note: Fixing email issues* is a common one for looking into those email errors with that platform. So take a look at that one and let us know how you get on.

*Potentially looking at that "cmc_logoff" or "cmc_free" section for those cmc errors

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Eddie2
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

This is to let you know that your suggestions did NOT fix the problem. Actually your response is a proof of being irresponsible twards your customers by saying that you're not supporting MYOB Premier any more, it's one of your products and it's your responsibility AND you're still charging for monthly subscriptions????

I've spent several hours on different days being on hold for your phone support system and at the end the phone has been hung up. Why MYOB doesn't provide a call back service or at least an email for being contacted (not this forum I mean)?

If I can't get a proper response by MYOB and the issues are not fixed, the only oprtion would be seeking help from Consumer Protectin or ACCC.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

Hi @Eddie2 

If the steps in that help article have not resolved the issue are you using a 64-bit version of Outlook, AccountRight v19 is tested and supported with Microsoft Office 2000 - 2007 32 bit versions as per the system requirements. While the system may function as intended on some machines you can encounter errors, for that reason, we do recommend using a 32-bit version of the program. 

As mentioned by @Steven_M we offer limited support for AccountRight Premier v19 as this is one of our older products. AccountRight Premier 20xx is fully supported. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Eddie2
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, changing the Office from 64 Bits to 32 Bits fixed the problem for MYOB Premier emailing issues, although it's a pitty to go backward to match with MYOB requirements, normally you expect the software should be updated to be compatible with 64 Bits version. Thanks 

SPOK
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Eddie After I was hanging on the phone for over 2 hours and, when asked how I was, told them that I was less than happy and the wait time was appalling I was advised to send an email to feedback@myob.com..  I got the impression that this particular lady, who hung up on me without dealing with the issue that I still have, didn't really care.

Eddie2
4 Posts
User

4Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Unbelieveable

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post