0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import errors

Hi There,

I'm trying to import sales items and errors messages came up:

Error -6: Item Number may not be blank.
Error -25: Invalid amount.

For error-6 The item number is not blank and it is not a new item (registered on MYOB item list)

For error-25 this error comes up whenever the quantity of sale is not 1- how do we fix this?

Please refer to the importing files and the error lists from MYOB.

Thanks for your help in advance

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,551 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30551Posts

3788Kudos

4456Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Import errors

Hi @BGS123 

"Error -6: Item Number may not be blank." is caused by not having an item number included in the import line. In your case, the last transaction has a number of records for a line but no actual line value. This can be seen by opening that file in NotePad and reviewing the transaction. These "blank" lines would need to be removed to prevent that message from occurring for that transaction.

Attachment2.PNG

"Error -25: Invalid amount." is always a tricky one and can sometimes be caused by the rounding of values, you mostly see it with tax inclusive item transactions. In your case, it appears to be caused due to the formatting of the values rather than the actual calculations. If you open that file in NotePad you will see that the transaction has quote marks and a comma. I would recommend removing those quote marks and comma from that value. In my testing, this allowed for that transaction to be imported successfully.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post