Imported Accounts List (txt) inactive accounts are all greyed out - AccountRight

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shelleylmnz
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Imported Accounts List (txt) inactive accounts are all greyed out - AccountRight

I have imported a TXT file of Accounts for a new company, and the accounts have imported as inactive even though I imported them with the N to show them as Active.

I tried to untick the Inactive box, but it is greyed out?  Why do I not have the ability to uncheck this box?  I am an Administrator on the company file.

Help!

Shelley

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Imported Accounts List (txt) inactive accounts are all greyed out - AccountRight

Hi @Shelleylmnz 

Testing the import file that you have provided, the accounts imported successfully for myself (minus some warnings as it wasn't a full setup file). No accounts were inactive as a result of that import.

What I expect has occurred, is that you have selected a header account in the Accounts list i.e 1-0000 or another account in bold. These accounts by their nature as grouping/subtotalling accounts and therefore can't be made inactive thus the option is greyed out. If these are intended to be made as inactive accounts you would need to ensure that you have selected the Detail account option (far left) is enabled.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Shelleylmnz
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Imported Accounts List (txt) inactive accounts are all greyed out - AccountRight

Hi Steven, thanks for your response.  I am trying to make the accounts active, not inactive.  They are not header accounts (see screenshot attached), and I was wondering if it is because I am not the Owner of the ledger, only an Administrator and the permissions are different?

I have used this same TXT import file many times in the past, but I have always been the Owner of the ledger before?

Appreciate any further assistance you can offer?

Thanks

Shelley

MYOB Accounts List bold.JPG
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Shelleylmnz 

From the screenshot, those accounts are listed as being in bold this does mean that they are Header accounts. You can see this also by opening the account(s) and checking the Account Information window.

To correct the situation, as they are also inactive Header accounts, the following actions would be required for each account:

1. Open the account - so you have the Account Information window the on-screen
  2. Update the account to be a Detail account
  3. Select OK to save the changes - you may be prompted to select a tax code
  4. Reopen the Account Information window for the account
  5. Disable Inactive Account
  6. Select Ok

Edit: Also testing the import file that you did provide and selecting Auto-match on the import file it has imported the data as expected into my company file (without inactive accounts):

Capture 3.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post