Importing Items with Commas anywhere in description automatically adding Quotation marks " " at both ends of the description.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nduro
Experienced User
62 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

62Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing Items with Commas anywhere in description automatically adding Quotation marks " " at both ends of the description.

Hi,

Whenever we import item data that has a comma , anywhere in the decription text, Myob is automatically adding " " Quotation marks at both ends of the description text.

Can this be avoided or do I have to change any comma symbols in my descriptions to another symbol like a dash - to avoid the Quotation marks appearing.

"100 Custom Printed Appliance Boxes, One (1) Colour "

This used to happen in V19 also.

Thanks

Nathan

2 REPLIES 2
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

708Kudos

234Solutions

Re: Importing Items with Commas anywhere in description automatically adding Quotation marks " " at both ends of the description.

Imports in MYOB generally don't like commas or characters in general.   I normally do a find and replace and replace the commas with a space and then import in the data

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Importing Items with Commas anywhere in description automatically adding Quotation marks " " at both ends of the description.

Hi @nduro 

Its not MYOB that adds these, check your import file using Notepad. You will find if you use a spreadsheet program like excel, when you save as a text format (whether tab delimited or CSV) excel adds the quote marks to ensure the cell contents stay together.

So after you create the import file, open in notepad and replace all quote marks with nothing, that should work.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post