Incorrectly set up new file 13 month instead of 12 month Conversation Date wrong

Highlighted
TLCBOOK
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Incorrectly set up new file 13 month instead of 12 month Conversation Date wrong

Hi I am a MYOB user and have incorrectly set up a new company as a 13 month instead of 12 month today. I desperately need to be able to invoice in June 2019 but saying I can only invoice in July 2019 also paid for 1 workstation but assume as a live file Ill be able to use on my desktop and laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,452 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,452Posts

2,252Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Incorrectly set up new file 13 month instead of 12 month Conversation Date wrong

@TLCBOOK 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

When you setup your data file it is very important that you choose the correct year and start date because if you get it wrong and have too new a date you will need to start again with a new file. You can role the years forward but not backwards.

So if you want to enter data in June 19 you should be starting the file as from 1/7/18 for the 19 year.

If you talk real nice to the people at myob and explain that you stuffed up the file when setting up the start date, sometimes they will get rid of the file you stuffed up and start a new one for you. Otherwise you may need to purchase a new data file

If it is an Account Right Live file then it can be used on multiple devices by multiple people at the same time.

If it is the old Classiv V19 then one machine and one person at a time, unless multiple work stations in Premier.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
TLCBOOK
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Incorrectly set up new file 13 month instead of 12 month Conversation Date wrong

Hi Graeme, Really appreciate your quick response. I did set up file as 2019 year however put date to start entering information 1/6/2019 which I think where problem has occurred. I am using Account Right Live file. Is there anyone that can reset file with out me having to call up? Appreciate your assistance. Tania
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,452 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,452Posts

2,252Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Sorry if the setup is wrong the only way to get back into earlier years is a new file.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post