Inventory - Cannot deleted a suppliers invoice that has been doubled up.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ShellyMac
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory - Cannot deleted a suppliers invoice that has been doubled up.

Under ‘Find Transaction’ under ‘Card’ – I typed in my Supplier’s company name and I came across a entry that said ‘VOID’ under the Debit Column.   I investigated and found the following:

When the original invoice was entered only 1 item was delivered for the price of 2 items into inventory, but it should have been 2 items that should have been delivered. The $’s total of the invoice was correct, so it wasn’t picked up.

So, the warehouse employee has entered a dummy supplier’s invoice with 1 item delivered in with a $Nil value, so the customer could be charged for 2 items.

I have now fixed up the suppliers’ invoice from 1 item to 2 items and adjusted the price to equal the correct total of the invoice.  I have tried to delete the dummy suppliers’ invoice, but MOYB says ‘The deletion of item number 1264280335 would leave you with not items on hand, and a non-zero value in inventory’. 

That is correct, as I will not have any stock left.

When I click ‘OK’ to delete, the invoice will not go away, it is still there.

How do I get rid of the NIL invoice?  My stock is nil, and MYOB tells me I still have 1 in stock.

Thank you, looking forward to a reply

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory - Cannot deleted a suppliers invoice that has been doubled up.

Hi @ShellyMac 

This error means that processing the transaction will update the quantity to be 0, but the value of the item you are adjusting would not return to zero, which would be incorrect. 

In this case, instead of deleting the purchase, I'd suggest recording an inventory adjustment to return the quantity and value to zero. Please feel free to check out this Help article for more detailed information and instructions: Error: Non-zero value 

Please feel free to let us know how you go, and if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post