12 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Inventory Item - Copy From

If I use the Copy From button when creating a new item, it doesn;t copy the Item Details - Description or the Buying Details - Standard Cost.  Anything I can find indicates that these fields should copy.  Selling Details copy correctly.  

1 REPLY 1
ChrisMYOB
MYOB Moderator
1,164 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,164Posts

80Kudos

135Solutions

Re: Inventory Item - Copy From

Hello @Bookless 

Thank you for your post.

Genrellaty to copy another item’s information to this item record, click Copy From and choose the item whose information you want to copy. All information for that item will be copied to the current item except the item number, name, supplier number, auto-build information, location, and history information.

To search the Item to Copy From window, press the keyboard combination CTRL+SHIFT+F to display a search box

Can you please give me some more detail as to what is happening? Is there any form of error message popping up? Is it only certain bits of information that are saved? Are only Base Selling Price and Level A pricing showing as updated in the user interface, once the button is used? However, upon saving and reopening, all fields were actually replaced.

I can suggest clearing the AccountRight cache and then relaunching the software to see if the data copies for now. 

Please let me know how you go and any further details about what is happening.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post