Inventory - Limiting Staff Access

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Preshs_Oz
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory - Limiting Staff Access

Hi there,

Is it possible somehow to limit certain user access to "view" the Item List only?

Not to drill down to each item.

Essentially, just be able to F5 (refresh) screen so as stock count remains live for them.

Note: Our sales team already have access to inventory (which we have limited) but I'd like to limit access further for our warehouse/pick-pack staff.

Ive setup the User: Warehouse.

Given them access to to TimeBilling (as no one uses that here) and linked Inventory to it, but Items List only with a Read Only option.

But it seems they can still drill down on each item.

I have managed however to disable the history of each item from their view (dont ask me how I did it).

I need more however. Please.

MYOB_InventoryQuery_Redacted.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Inventory - Limiting Staff Access

Hello @Preshs_Oz 

When you say you made the Warehouse role Read-Only, can I confirm this was done not only in the 'Inventory' options screen of Manager Roles, but also straightaway upon creation in Manage Users?

warehouse.JPG

I created a Warehouse User and gave their role the same parameters you indicated (Item History is available to completely untick in the Inventory screen) and set everything possible there to Read-Only as well. 

It does seem that this is the default most limited access if you want the user to be able to view the item list; I was unable to find a workaround that would prohibit them from being able to click into each item. However, within each item, I was unable to effect any changes. Even overtyping figures within the Selling or Buying details, for example, did nothing, as there is no option to save those changes within Read-Only. 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Preshs_Oz
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

33Posts

12Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Inventory - Limiting Staff Access

Thanks so much Emily!

I had initially set them up as Read Only, but PRIOR to assigning the roles etc.

Ive made the change back to Read Only Access at User Setup Point and voila! It works!

You're a star!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post