Inviting our Accountant

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Inviting our Accountant

I am trying to set up our Accountant so that they can access our file on line.  

I phoned MYOB yesterday and have confirmed with the MYOB support team that our company file is showing as being on line.

However, when I follow the process steps, in User Access window, the option of "New Advisor" does not appear.  The instruction says this will appear if your in an online company file which I am advised we are.

Also, how do I find out the original company file password?  We have been using MYOB since 2008 and since then several people have left the business and that information is not stored anywhere.  I have an Administrator password but need to know the company file password.

thanks

Lucy

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Inviting our Accountant

Hi @LucyAB 

The New Advisor option in the Setup>>User Access window should be listed for online company files*. I haven't heard of it not appear for users, assuming you have access to the User Access window you should have that New Advisor option. If you are not seeing that option you would be making sure that you are logging into the company file as the Administrator user (or one with an Administrator user role)

You also mentioned the company file password, the default username and password for a company file is Administrator and no password i.e. select OK. If that doesn't allow access and the password is not able to be guessed/remembered a password reset would need to be completed on the company file.

*You can tell you are using an online company file by checking the bar at the bottom of the window - if its green in colour you are using an online file. Purple would mean you are using an offline file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LucyAB
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven.  The bar at the bottom is purple so it is offline.  Its frustrating to get mixed messages so thankyou for clarifying.

I will now go through the steps of uploading the file and see if that fixes the issue.

Just to clarify the password issue on a Company File how do I organise a password reset if needed?

thanks

Lucy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @LucyAB 

From a support perspective, we can see if the serial number does have an online file. However, if you are using an offline file its a little ticker to tell at our end, especially if you have moved the file locally without getting it removed from the cloud. Although, the quick way to tell your perspective is that bar at the bottom of the screen (purple: local, green: online).

Just on that similar vein, you did mention that you are looking at uploading that file to the cloud. Normally you would do this via the File>>Go Online (Upload this file) option. Note: you will need to use the AccountRight Live Owner's email address. In your case, as you already have that online company file the process may be slightly different for you. My recommendation would be go to Help>>About AccountRight and get the company file ID. Is that ID 1? If so, you would be looking at taking a backup of the offline file (File>>Backup) Once that backup has been saved, you would go to File>>Restore and select to Restore Online using AccountRight Live. This will take that offline file and restore it into the cloud so you can invite your accountant and/or other users.

In terms of password recovery the process is a little different for offline and online files. Although, MYOB data file repair services outlines the prices and the service for that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post