Issues Printing to PDF since Windows 10 upgrade

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Dizz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Issues Printing to PDF since Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

I've just "upgraded" to Windows 10, and have now found that the PDF outputs from MYOB are of very low resolution, more like a scan than a vector PDF output.
Also, the field sections of my Invoices won't fit on the page (crops the right-hand columns).

I've checked the PDF output settings and all appears fine.
No other applications are affected.

I've done the compatibility changes and have also resolved the DPI upscaling issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dizz.

16 REPLIES 16
Tallie_M
Former Staff
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

132Kudos

699Solutions

Re: Issues Printing to PDF since Windows 10 upgrade

Hi there @Dizz,

Firstly, allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum - we hope you find it an excellent resource!

That's a bit of an unusual situation you've described there. We do appreciate you outlining everything you've tried as that helps build an idea of what the problem may be caused by.

Have you tried printing to any other software printer (e.g. PDF Creator / CutePDF / Microsoft XPS Document Writer), and if so, do they produce the same low quality documents? Does the issue occur when printing anything in your datafile (e.g. invoices / reports / statements)? What about if you try actually printing?

Secondly, does the problem also occur in your sample Clearwater file? To open up your Clearwater file, simply select the 'Explore A Sample Company' option located towards the bottom of the welcome window when you first open up the software. If you have another computer / laptop nearby, can this issue be replicated on that machine?

If you could also provide us with your AccountRight version (you can find this out by going into Help > About MYOB AccountRight), that would be excellent.

Please do let us know how you go, and feel free to post again should you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Dizz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried these outputs with the following results :
* Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro : As described in original post

* CutePDF : All fields print OK, but poor resolution (even though resolution set @ 600DPI.   (Note Res is better than Adobe PDF)

* MS 'Write to PDF' : All fields print, but have additional borders / print artifacts (?) around the Text boxes, images etc. Quality is the tame as CutePDF.
* MS XPS Doc Writer : Exports to XPS all OK, but converting to PDF via Acrobat gives same result as original post.

The Clearwater output prints all fields OK, but resolution is poor - see attached.

MYOB Verstion is 2015.4.17.5484
(upgraded from 2015.3.x yesterday, with no change or improvement to PDF issue).

Unfortunately I'm unable to test on another machine at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dizz.

Dizz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried these outputs with the following results :
* Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro : As described in original post

* CutePDF : All fields print OK, but poor resolution (even though resolution set @ 600DPI.   (Note Res is better than Adobe PDF)

* MS 'Write to PDF' : All fields print, but have additional borders / print artifacts (?) around the Text boxes, images etc. Quality is the tame as CutePDF.
* MS XPS Doc Writer : Exports to XPS all OK, but converting to PDF via Acrobat gives same result as original post.

The Clearwater output prints all fields OK, but resolution is poor - see attached.

MYOB Verstion is 2015.4.17.5484
(upgraded from 2015.3.x yesterday, with no change or improvement to PDF issue).

Unfortunately I'm unable to test on another machine at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dizz.

round42
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Dizz and Tallie,

I have an open support ticket with MYOB for this exact same issue!!

I just tested the exact same installation (2015.4.1 AccountRight Premier Live) and two different PDF tools (PDF Creator and PDF Convertor) and they work perfectly.

I can confirm it definitely appears to be an issue only with Windows 10.

Have you found a workaround or resolution to this?

I also find that even though x/y cooridinates of the fields are all the same, say 10.5cm from left, they don't at all align. Looks terrible. See attached image.

It's a show stopper for us. All of our invoicing is printed to PDF, and it looks terrible at such extremely low DPI - as you said, like a scan.

I also note that the "Page 1 of 1" field always prints perfectly - smooth and antialiased. But only that field. That's also in the attached image.

Hope someone can figure this out soon!

likeafax.png
Dizz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Round42,

I had no success, so I am now just using the "Send To" drop-down menu and selecting "DISK" to get nice PDF outputs.  (see attached)

This gives the added bonus of naming the file with the invoice number.

Only downside (so far) is that there's no auto-open of the Invoice after printing.

Windows 10 definitely screwed up a few things.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

MYOB Send to Disk.jpg
round42
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Dizz,

Thanks for the update. I'll give that a try! Do/did you have any text alignment issues? I have the alignment issue even when printing straight to a laser printer.
Dizz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Yes, I found that a number of the text fields were affected and required adjustment.

#annoying ! Smiley Happy

Liam_M
MYOB Staff
3,488 Posts
MYOB Staff
Australia
MYOB Staff

3,488Posts

1,337Kudos

529Solutions

Hello @Dizz@round42,

It's great to see the people helping each other out!

So that we can look into this problem from our end, can you please print a copy of a dummy invoice using a PDF printer, and save a copy of the same invoice using the send to function in AccountRight and attach them to a new post on this thread. We'll have a investigate the issue and get back to you when we have more information.

Kind Regards

Liam
MYOB Client Support
Dizz
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Liam,

Outputs attached, as requested.

Note the Adobe output has awful resolution and the appearance of the fields is also affected.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post