Experienced Cover User shau
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Job coding for freight, finance etc

Anyone know of any way to allocate freight and finance charges that are added to invoices, to jobs.

Doesn't seem possible in the invoice screen.  I seek a native solution or plugin which will do this.

This question was originally posted but closed down by a moderator:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-purchases/Job-coding-for-freight-finance-etc/td...

The solution covered is unacceptable, as I would then have to go back and manually edit 1000s of transactions.  Further, I like specifying freight in the designated field and not as an additional line on the invoice.

Further, a feature addition can be voted for here:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Jobs-Assigning-a-job-to-freight-and-finance...

1 REPLY 1
Super Partner Jennifer_Kelly
439 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

439Posts

333Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Job coding for freight, finance etc

Hi @shau 

The recommendation to setup Freight and Finance costs as an Item you sell is the way forward if you wish to allocate them to a Job.

As for going back and changing 1000's of transactions , trying to go back and retro fit a new process to the past will always be difficult. You are of course able to post a Journal entry to prior periods where you can re-allocate say the Frieght revenue from Ebay sales to the Job "E-bay" as an amount each month, or just choose to do this going forward.

You sound like you may also benefit from getting an MYOB Consultant/Bookeeper in to help with your specific requirements as to how or if you should implement Jobs.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post