Journal by account name not account number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mandy_L
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Journal by account name not account number

I have set up my new admin user to enter using account number instead of account name. For the life of me i cant remember how to turn off the account number so they are entering the account name. Is there anybody able to help please?  Smiley Happy 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Journal by account name not account number

Hi @Mandy_L 

Thanks for your post. It is easy to forget where these options are, generally, a good place to start looking is in Setup>>Preferences. The option you want is in Setup>>Preferences>>Windows tab>>Select and Display Account name, not Account Number.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Mandy_L
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Journal by account name not account number

Thanks Tracey, i knew where to look, however the option wasn't showing up in the staff's myob. I have since rectified by giving the staff administrator rights, going in and setting up preferences and then assigned her back to a lower access level. I would of though there was a better way then to give administrator access rights as this then opens the rest of the software up to them in places they should not have access. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post