Linked accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WK3
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Linked accounts

Dear All,

I currently set up a MYOB AccountRight and used its simplified default chart of accounts provided by MYOB. Then I import my own chart of account in TXT. format. Later on, when I was trying to change the default linked account to my imported account, I cannot find the imported account from its list. That is, only the default accounts which were created by MYOB on setup can be seen and chosen from the list as the linked accounts. I went back to check if all the imported chart of accounts can be seen on Accounts List (List->Accounts) , and yes, I can saw them. Why this situation happen? Did I missed something and how could I change the linked accounts from the default accounts created by MYOB to my imported accounts?

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Linked accounts

Hi @WK3 

Given the options within the Setup >> Linked Accounts options are a drop down list, I’d start by checking that the accounts you want to use haven’t been marked as inactive in the Accounts list. As inactive accounts cannot be selected from lists within AccountRight, this could account for why they aren’t showing up.

As you mention importing the accounts, I wonder if the active field was missing from the import file / not matched. Without this field Accountright assumes the imported accounts are inactive, which would prevent the accounts from appearing in lists to be selected 

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

WK3
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Neil,

Thanks for your hit! and yes, the chart of accounts I imported was shown as inactiveSmiley Tongue I think I have to import the accounts again...

Thank you very much and I really appreciates your kindly help!

From Emily

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @WK3 

No worries, happy to help.

If you were going to reimport the accounts list, ensuring that the active field is included, I’d recommend making sure you took a backup of the file first. This way if anything goes awry in the import, you can restore the backup and try again.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post