Australia
Experienced Cover User

80Posts

68Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Locked out of file

Good morning,

Yesterday updated email log in address via my.myob.  Went to log in and couldn't use online log in - wanted old school name and password log in - haven't used for years, no idea what is was.  Adminstrator with blank password didn't work.  Rang "support" centre - employee no knowledge, reading from a script? After a long time finally she says try Administrator with blank password now and it magically let me in.  IF I had known this prior to updating email to new syntax, I would have changed the old school log in password as am administrator - THIS IS NOT in any of the help notes - please add. 

Go to log into second data file today and same thing.  Am now locked out and administrator with blank password not working.

Need to do urgent work in that file - can a Moderator help asap please. 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,148 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,148Posts

5,447Kudos

5,932Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Locked out of file

Hi @MBLegADL 

Typically, updating my.MYOB account login information will update the single sign-on for that user as well.

In your case, I understand that is not the case and you are not able to sign into the company file as the company file user account information is not known. The default company file user account log in as Administrator and no password i.e. click OK. If that doesn't allow access then a password would have been added to that Administrator user. This would have been the password that would have been set in the Set offline password field before enabling single sign on.

If that password is not known, we would need for you to confirm some company and account information so we can look at arranging the Administrator password to be removed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post