MYOB 22.11 after WIN11 22H2 update, wont export to excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AAW12
Trusted Partner
33 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

33Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

MYOB 22.11 after WIN11 22H2 update, wont export to excel

it seems like WIN11 22H2 update, was a major one, all settings reset to default.

I am currently unable to export to Excel 2016 Home and office since this update from  AR MYOB 22.11 

there was a message to say that the Windows language was updated, so I did a reboot, still no functional change.

13 REPLIES 13
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: MYOB 22.11 after WIN11 22H2 update, wont export to excel

Hello @AAW12 

If you are unable to export to excel from your AccountRight, we generally see a reinstall of the AccountRight software resolve this issue. 

Doing this reconnects AccountRight to the windows components which will allow you to export to Excel. I would also suggest when going to reinstall that you right-click on the installer and choose to run as administrator. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

AAW12
Trusted Partner
33 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

33Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

No an uninstall of MYOB 22.11, restart then reinstall of MYOB 22.11, did not allow reports to be exported to Excel 2016.

it all worked fine, until I installed the WIN11 22H2 update 24/01/2023

there is a new 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022360) to download I will try that, and test exporting to exel from MYOB

AAW12
Trusted Partner
33 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

33Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

No the additional update didnt not fix the issue of exporting reports to Excel, I tested exporting to PDF and CSV, they worked, just not Excel. :-(

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @AAW12 

Generally, AccountRight sends the data straight to Excel via .NET Framework, if there is nothing happening when trying to export to Excel means that the direct link is either non-existent or became broken. 

To repair the .NET Framework you can follow these steps: 

1. On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
  2. Type Control Panel, then select OK.
  3. Select Uninstall a Program, then Turn Windows features on or off.
  4. Verify that .NET Framework 4.5 or later (4.7) is enabled.
    • If the box for .NET Framework 4.5 or later is not enabled (not filled in), enable it by clicking the box.
      Select OK, then reboot the computer.
    • If .NET Framework 4.5 or later is already enabled, repair .NET Framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer.
      After the reboot, re-enable .NET Framework and reboot the computer again.
  5. Verify that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled.
    • If the box for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not enabled (not filled in), enable it by clicking the box. Select OK,
      then reboot the computer.
    • If .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is already enabled, repair .NET framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer.
      After the reboot, re-enable .NET framework and reboot the computer again.

Please note that if the box is blank or you get an error activating a component, you will need to contact an IT professional, as this is a Microsoft component that interacts with the operating system, not just AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

AAW12
Trusted Partner
33 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

33Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

thank you for that option, followed for many tedius enable and disables and reboots!

Win11  22H2 update, actually has NET Framework 4.8 , and after disabling 3.5 it wanted to download files, which I allowed.

screen shots attached for your review.

No success in exporting to Excel after this latest procedure. 

Picard .NET framework repair v3.5  and 4.8 230201.jpg
Picard .NET framework repair v3.5 230201.jpg
AAW12
Trusted Partner
33 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

33Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

I have setup a new workstation with WIN10 , as WIN11 22H2 still wont export to Excel. Latest WIN10 update is very overbearing trying to trick user into updateing to WIN11 22H2. I am concerned my staff may accept and end up not being able to use MYOB export functions.

Is is only my wokrstation that has this issue, or are there other users. I dont really have enough workstations to be able to experiment with this.

any assistance please?

AAW Picard WIN11 v22H2.jpg
DebLA
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Did you ever get a resolution to this?

I just got a new PC with windows 11 and have the same issue. 

AAW12
Trusted Partner
33 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

33Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

No, I ended up buying a new computer with only WIN10 on it, I havent checked my old computer for a few weeks, but tried an export after that update, and no change.

I have 2 staff on WIN11 and we cant install updates, in case they have the same issue, which of course is a security issue now as well!

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,491 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,491Posts

44Kudos

155Solutions

Hi @AAW12

Thank you for your post. If you open up AccountRight by right-clicking and choosing run as administrator, after proceeding to export to excel if it works you will need to reinstall AccountRight again by right-clicking on the installer and choosing run as administrator. 

If the above doesn't work. You can do the following to repair the .NET framework:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
  2. Type Control Panel, then select OK.
  3. Select Uninstall a Program, then Turn Windows features on or off.
  4. Verify that .NET Framework 4.5 or later (4.7) is enabled.
    • If the box for .NET Framework 4.5 or later is not enabled (not filled in), enable it by clicking the box.
      Select OK, then reboot the computer.
    • If .NET Framework 4.5 or later is already enabled, repair .NET Framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer.
      After the reboot, re-enable .NET Framework and reboot the computer again.
  5. Verify that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is enabled.
    • If the box for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not enabled (not filled in), enable it by clicking the box. Select OK,
      then reboot the computer.
    • If .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is already enabled, repair .NET framework by clearing the box and rebooting the computer.
      After the reboot, re-enable .NET framework and reboot the computer again.

If the box is blank or you get an error activating a component, you will need to contact an IT professional,
as this is a Microsoft component that interacts with the operating system, not just AccountRight.

Please note that while you have done a reinstall of AccountRight, you can also do a reinstall of Excel. This can also fix the link between the software.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post