MYOB v14 Error 12157 - Unable to Confirm File Online (or on phone automation)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB v14 Error 12157 - Unable to Confirm File Online (or on phone automation)

Hi Team,

I have an old version of MYOB v14 (Windows) that have been using fine for 15 yrs as meets my basic needs. When I just tried to open it today with my company file, it wouldn't confirm online which was frustrating as that has always been fine. I got error 12157 and calling was useless as there was no option to confirm.

My details are below so can you fix ASAP?

Serial No. 
Company File Code: 4027 27** **

Thanks,
Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,114 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,114Posts

5,037Kudos

5,427Solutions

Re: MYOB v14 Error 12157 - Unable to Confirm File Online (or on phone automation)

Hi @cgj1981 

Posts on the MYOB Community is publicly available and thus clients should not post confidential information such as their serial number. If that information is required to aid in the solution for your post an MYOB Moderator will arrange for that information to be provided in a Forum private message. I have removed your serial number from your post.

In terms of your confirmation, I have made a change to your account which should allow you to confirm the company file using the Confirm Online or via phone option.  Do let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB v14 Error 12157 - Unable to Confirm File Online (or on phone automation)

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your response and appreciate you considering my privacy.
I just tried to confirm it online (before and after restarting MYOB) and got the same "12157" error. To note the last time I used this file was November last year and as mentioned for 15 yrs fine before that.

Could you have a look again at my account?
Thx,

Chris

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,114 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,114Posts

5,037Kudos

5,427Solutions

Hi @cgj1981 

From what I can see of the account the confirmation of that company file should be working as intended.

So we can further investigate the confirmation of your company file can you send me a private message on this Forum with the following information:

• The serial number in the company file - found in Setup>>Company Information*
  • The product name and version - found in Help>>About AccountRight*
  • Company file ID - found in Help>>About AccountRight*

*The location for that information provided is based on the newer versions of AccountRight. Windows and options may be different on older products.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

FYI Steven I sent you a reply PM. The code you generated and sent me did work but want to know what do I do each subsequent time I open the file? Can I use the same code?

Thx,

Chris

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,114 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,114Posts

5,037Kudos

5,427Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @cgj1981 

I have just replied to your private message.

Do note that confirmation codes would be different each time of a confirmation prompt. However, going forward you should be able to confirm your file online or using the automated phone system.

Although, do let us know if you require further assistance with confirmation in the future

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post