Memo on journal lines

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LB_SLSC
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Memo on journal lines

Whenever I enter journals, the only Memo field that appears in the general ledger is the Memo from the Journal title - not the individual line memo. How can I change this? I want each line to show the unique description for that particular line - but every single line in the journal shows the exact same text, which is really annoying. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Memo on journal lines

Hi @LB_SLSC 

You want to add the Allocation memo column to your report -- run the desired report>>Select Insert/Modify>>Show Hide in the Report Columns section and then select Allocation Memo to show.

The allocation memo is the associated memo attached to the transactional line i.e. it will be the line description of an account used on the invoice or the memo field in the grid in the Spend Money window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LB_SLSC
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

thank you for your reply. But I don't want to have to run a report every time I review the GL. I use the 'find transactions' function all the time to look up transactions on individual accounts, and move between accounts a lot. I would like to change the view on this screen so it shows the individual description relating to the indiviudal line - not the overall journal description. Is there not a setting that can be updated?

Thank you

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LB_SLSC 

Apologies I misread your post and fully thought you were talking about that particular General Ledger report.

In terms of the Find Transactions window, this is solely designed to show the transactional memo in that space. If you are needing to know that allocation memo a report would need to be run.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post