7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Monthly Reminders Mail Out

Hi there

Every month I compile as list of clients who need to have their Audit done next month (ie in May, I compile the list for June) from data held in an Excel spreadsheet.  I then use Word to print mailing labels and post a reminder letter out (the letter is well over 255 characters).  Over time, we have brought the 'aniversary' information in to MYOB Account Right and this month I was able to print address labels directly from MYOB. 

Is it possible to set the reminder letter up as a template and email the  client rather than post?  We don't want to send the reminder as an attachment as it may get caught up in spam filtering.  As far as I could see in the help secition, the reminder needs to be less than 255 characters or sent as an attachment - is that correct?

Some months will have say 50 reminders and other months 250 reminders.  Can MYOB (or Outlook for that matter) send out that many emails at once?

Thanks in advance

Cathy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,502Solutions

Re: Monthly Reminders Mail Out

Hi @CathyCat 

AccountRight is designed to be able to email out transactions and records it does produce. For example, you can email out invoices to your customers. It does have the capacity to send an email individually to a customer by opening the respective card and using the Email function. However, it should be noted that the message field is limited to 255 characters.

If you are looking at doing more of a widespread email to your customers you do have a few options available to you:

• Use the Create Personalised Letters function to generate a letter or another style Word document to your customers. These are predominantly designed to be printed, however, you may be able to configure them to be emailed (see Microsoft Word help for that).

• Export out a list of your customer's email addresses through the File>>Export Data and then add that information to a separate email to the customers.

• Potentially look into third-party apps that extend the client communication functions of the MYOB software. A list of potential apps is available on the MYOB App Marketplace

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post