New Card Information

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Preemarose
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New Card Information

The Salutation line when entering a new Customer, Supplier or Employee etc. needs more characters. Some names are too long to fit in e.g. Mary Rose Cranfield does not fit in understanding Mary Rose is the first name.
3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: New Card Information

Hi @Preemarose 

Within AccountRight, the salutation field is hard coded and cannot currently be lengthened. That said it is designed to record the salutation for that person. The Contact Name field however is longer and designed to record the names of the contact. In my testing I was able to record a name of similar length entirely in the contact field due to the available length of that field

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Preemarose
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

22Kudos

0Solutions

I need to firstly apologise I meant the Contact Name field not Salutation field. There is the ability for a long name but when you have 2 people with long names you can't fit them in. Is this hard wired also for only so many characters i.e. 26. Because some people have hyphenated names 26 characters is not enough.
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @Preemarose 

Typically, a hard coded field will only allow a certain amount of characters to be entered. The contact name fields are hard coded to a certain character limit and I’m not aware of any current plans to change the length of these fields

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post