New chart of accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stacey-watts
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

New chart of accounts

Hi, 

Looking at create a whole now myob file- is there a way you can import a chart of accounts? 

Can you also import any employee information like their cards and entitlement balances? 

4 REPLIES 4
amylee91
MYOB Staff
67 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

67Posts

38Kudos

9Solutions

Re: New chart of accounts

Hey @stacey-watts 

There certainly is,  in the current file- if you go to file - import / export assistant you will be able to export and import virtually everthing except payroll , i have attached a link Here, this will show you what you can export and which information comes across with each export.

(helps if you also need to edit anything)

Regards

Amylee

Cheers,

Amylee
MYOB Pinnacle Partner Support

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

sholt73
Super User
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

176Kudos

46Solutions

just to add onto this, if you export your Account information then open it in Excel you can modify the data and then import it back into AcountRight to update the information. though you should know that it needs to match to something in order to update, so if the Account Numbers are the same it will be able to match these and update the Name or other details about the account from the import but if EVERYTHING is different you may find importing to create brand new accounts which could be problematic.

in some cases you may need to create brand new accounts and combine them in order to "free up" the Account Numbers. here's some information on Combine Accounts and Importing/Exporting:

stacey-watts
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks guys very helpful! So I just tried importing my expense coa and all the accounts have come in as inactive and all my headers have disappeared? 

When importing I had Account number, account name, type and tax code selected.

Any idea why this could of happened? 

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,107Kudos

903Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @stacey-watts 

From your description, it sounds like there were some fields missing in the file that was needed, such as the "Inactive" field and the "Header" field. Going by this support note: Import and export fields these fields indicate whether the account is inactive or active and if the account is a header or detail.

I'd suggest opening your import file in Excel and add the extra 2 fields in with the same names as what is listed there. Here's a support note that shows you how to open it in Excel: Opening an export file in Excel

Assuming it's tab-delimited you should be able to just add extra Column names to the top and then add values in the right cells before saving and importing to update the accounts again.

Quick hint: Just add H in the fields under the Header Column for accounts you want to designate as Header Accounts, and put N in the fields under the Inactive Column for accounts you want to designate as Active. You can leave this as blank and it'll assume it's active, however by convention it's easier note what you want to be active and not active.

If this continues to fail, I'd suggest posting your import file so that we can take a peek at it and see if anything sticks out to us.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or