Contributing Partner
Australia
Richard_Hill
Contributing Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Offline data File

I have an existing AR2018 client that has sold their business and want to take the file offline.

All their purchase invoices/records are uploaded and attached into the data file for future reference,   eg. tax office audit.

Its my understanding that once the file is offline this kind of detail cannot be retrieved.

What work around is available?

(I’m concerned that tax office requirements for keeping records isn’t being met, should they have a need to investigate a business)

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner Geoff_
1,713 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner

1713Posts

367Kudos

180Solutions

Re: Offline data File

Hi @Richard_Hill

Can't you just do a backup and give your ex-clients the backup?

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service
MYOB Bookkeeping Partner, BAS Service Provider
Phone 08 9754 7680
Contributing Partner Richard_Hill
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Richard_Hill
Contributing Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Its my understanding that currently a backup doesnt contain the uploaded attachments.  

Ultimate Partner Geoff_
1,713 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner

1713Posts

367Kudos

180Solutions

Hi Richard

I am sorry I did not read the question properly about the attachments.

The way I see it and from previous discussions on this subject. The client owns all your bookkeeping data about his business refer https://www.accaglobal.com/content/dam/acca/global/PDF-members/2012/2012l/Legal_ownership.pdf

I suppose if the ATO ask him for copies of his invoices then he will have to dig through his own files for hard copies.

If you retain his file then no doubt you will be able to provide him with copies on invoice much more easily although he should be hanging onto the invoices for at least 5 years after the end of the tax year

If you get onto your Account Manager then maybe they can transfer your file to him providing he has a copy of AccountRight

Geoff
Phone 08 9754 7680
Valued User sholt73
357 Posts
Valued User
Australia
sholt73
Valued User

357Posts

216Kudos

10Solutions

@Richard_Hill

I'm reading this as you're wondering if you get to keep an offline copy of the In Tray documents uploaded to myob. in which case, I don't believe there's a workaround for that.

I recently read a moderators post about backups that covers this topic: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Getting-started/FAQs-about-AccountRight-2018-Backups/td-p...

Q. Do my In Tray documents get backed up with my file?

A. The In Tray Documents are stored on a separate server from you file and when you take a backup, you are only backing up the file and the information within. Though the documents are backed up on our end in case of server crashes.

maybe something to suggest to the devs? like this idea: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/In-Tray-Download-all-documents-for-a-suppli...

Ultimate Partner Geoff_
1,713 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner

1713Posts

367Kudos

180Solutions

Hi @sholt73

That is very interesting about the documents being stored on another server. I did not know that.

Thankyou

Geoff
Phone 08 9754 7680
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post