Paying credits/refunds via Electronic Clearing Account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Paying credits/refunds via Electronic Clearing Account

Good afternoon,

We have set up electronic clearing account and it works fine for purchases,creates the import files etc.

But when I go Sales/Sales Register/Returns and Credits/ Click "Pay Refund"

Then in the window that appears I chose "Electronic Clearing Account" for it to get there.

But when I go into "Prepare Electronic Payments" that transaction wouldn't show in the least like it normally would if I was paying a supplier.

Would somebody know how to pay credits via electronic clearing account? We do usually have a lot of credits to pay and doing it manually is very inefficient way of doing it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,114 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,114Posts

5,037Kudos

5,427Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Paying credits/refunds via Electronic Clearing Account

Hi @Evrose

Due to the way in which a Customer's card is setup it doesn't contain the necessary banking details to make that transaction appear in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

If you are wishing to pay a refund to a customer through the Prepare Electronic Payments window you would be looking at creating a Supplier card for that customer, adding in the banking details to that card, processing the Pay Refund transaction through to a holding account and then do a separate Spend Money transaction for that Supplier's card. Help Article: Paying customer refunds electronically would go through that process in more detail to allow you to process that customer's refund electronically.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Paying credits/refunds via Electronic Clearing Account

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll use this way for now. With 50+ credits to pay every month, it's somewhat a long process to go through for each credit. It would be a lot more efficient for the MYOB users if developers could add a Bank Account field into Customer Card so I could just Pay Refund into Electronic Clearing account. directly.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post