Prepare Bank Deposit will not show up to allocate in my bank feed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ShellyMac
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Prepare Bank Deposit will not show up to allocate in my bank feed

My Prepare Bank Deposit will not show up when I click on the amount in my bank feed. What could I have done wrong.  I did five Prepare Bank Deposits before I did this one and this is the only one that didn't work. 

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Prepare Bank Deposit will not show up to allocate in my bank feed

Hi @ShellyMac 

Basically, to make a transaction appear so it can be matched in AccountRight  there are 3 requirements that need to be met:

• The transaction needs to be going to the bank account that you have set up as your bank feeds account. You can check this via going into the transaction and taking a look at the account number at the top of the screen. This account number needs to be the same as the one listed in the Banking>>Bank Feeds>>Account.
  • The transaction needs to have a similar date range and amount for that bank feed transaction. I would recommend find the transaction via the Banking>>Bank register window to check that particular transaction has been entered correctly.
  • Finally, the transaction must not be reconciled or marked as cleared in the Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window. For example, if you open up the Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window and there is a tick next to the transaction it has been marked as cleared. This would make the transaction not be able to be matched.

So provided that the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction impacts the bank account, is on a suitable day, has a suitable amount and not reconciled or marked as cleared you should be able to match that transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ShellyMac
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve_M

Thank you for replying to my problem.   I have the correct date and amount. 

I checked in Banking>>Bank register window to check that particular transaction has been entered correctly, I thought I did it correctly but it wasn't in the Bank Feeds>>Account number:  1-1100, I found it under 1-1180 Undeposited Funds Account.  I doubled clicked on the transaction but it will not let me change from 1-1180 to 1-1100

I just realised what I have done, when I did the Prepare Bank Deposit, where is says "Deposit in Account" for some reason it came up with 1-1180 Undeposited Funds Account and I didn't change it to 1-1100 Banking Transaction Account.

Is this an easy fix? Or do I have do to delete the Pre-Banking Deposit and redo it?

Thank you

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @ShellyMac 

I think you do need to be careful here to ensure that you are referring to the necessary transaction. As from the way I read the initial post you are looking for the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction i.e. the grouped payment, the second post seems to indicate that you have found the transaction that is going to the Prepare Bank Deposit window i.e. the individual payment transaction. Ideally, you would be looking for the withdrawal from the Undeposited Funds account, which will be the Prepare Bank Deposit transaction to the associated bank transaction.

To answer your enquiry, yes you can delete a Prepare Bank Deposit by selecting the required transaction (so you have the Prepare Bank Deposit window on screen) and selecting Edit>>Delete Bank Deposit. If that option says Reverse or you have selected the individual transaction I would recommend navigating to the Bank deposit transaction and deleting that transaction first.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

ShellyMac
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve_M

I did delete and re-did it and it work.  :-) Thank you so much for your help.

I am getting better every week.

Kind Regards 

ShellyMac

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post