Problems importing payroll - working offline the file times out

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CTL
Trusted Partner
150 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

150Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Problems importing payroll - working offline the file times out

I'm having the same problem each fortnight when importing payroll.  I take the file offline, back it up before processing payroll then import payroll.  The import takes minimum 20 minutes x 2 files, even when the file is offline which is causing a time out error saying that Huxley application has to close.  I have split the importing into two by importing week 1 then going back to importing week 2 but this doesn't help.  All it does is risk both imports not being fully completed. When I check the payroll, only about half to three quarters of it has imported so I checkout without saving changes then try to import again.  Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.  

Is there something that can be done to speed things up?  This is ridiculously slow and would mean that it would be quicker to manually key in 55 timesheets x 2 weeks than to import them.  

2 REPLIES 2
CTL
Trusted Partner
150 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

150Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Problems importing payroll - working offline the file times out

Can someone from MYOB please sort this issue out.  I hope my other urgent request isn't ignored for 3 weeks.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,133 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,133Posts

5,446Kudos

5,928Solutions

Re: Problems importing payroll - working offline the file times out

Hi @CTL

When importing data into AccountRight you are directly interacting with the database and therefore it can take an extended period of time, as there is a large number of checks that can be required to import the data.

There is no magic fix for increasing the speed of the importing. If you are finding that it taking an extended period of time, you wish to move the file locally and/or reduce the number of records in the import file. This will reduce the number of items it is taking the import and therefore will reduce the chances of a timeout error occurring when that information is imported.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post