Profit and Loss Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Alsu
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Profit and Loss Reports

Hi There,

I need to run the Profit &Loss Reports for a few previous years (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) to make a comparison report for directors. Could you plese clarify how I can do that if there is only option to have report for  2018 (previous),  2019 (current) and 2020 (next)?

Does it mean that I should extract already rchived files and make that report manually?

Same question with General Ledger (Summary) report.

Is there any chance to develop software and make previous years available for financial reports?

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Profit and Loss Reports

Hi @Alsu

Certain reports in AccountRight are governed by the financial year period, with these reports you can only produce the report for the current, previous and next financial year that the company file is in. You can see what financial year you are in via Setup>>Company information.

If you are needing to display a report for prior financial years (outside of that range) you would be looking at restoring a backup prior to closing that financial year. Our Help Article: Restore your company file would be able to assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Alsu
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your advice. That is exactly what I am doing, restoring previous years. I need to save reports in a spreadsheet and make a table manually to compare breakdowns of the reports for different years. This process is really time consuming.

To avoid all this complication would you consider to implement new reports which will give the option to choose required FYears to be shown in the report? Or are there any of the add-ons available with that functionality? 

Super Partner Jennifer_Kelly
439 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

439Posts

333Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Alsu

You will find a number of the MYOB Addon solutions will allow you to report over all historical years data from your current MYOB file.

As an example our Business Intelligence solution Bi4Cloud can report over all historical GL/P&L as well as Sales, Purchases and Jobs data withouth the need to go back to backups ( if you have purged data in your current file this may limit some of the detail reports).

All details and a free trial are available on our website www.Bi4cloud.com.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post