Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

131Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Purchase Order Not Received In showing Item as available

Hi

We have identified that we have a purchase order for incoming stock is showing the incoming items as being available when they are not in our warehouse.

1. Our purchase is still in order state

2. 0 qtys received into inventory for any items are they are not to hand

3. All items are inventoried items and should not be availble until they are receipted into inventory

4. No payments have been applied against the purchase order

We need the items to not be available and therefore able to be invoiced out as we need to create backorders and not collect payments for stock we havent supplied.

This is the first time this has ever happened to us and we dont know how to fix it.  I've saved the purchase order as recurring so I can delete the purchase order and re-record it but though better of it incase it just doubles up on the issue.

We run accountright plus

Any ideas?

Thanks so much

AJHS

6 REPLIES 6
Experienced Cover User
131 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

131Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Recurring Sale Allowing the Invoicing of OOS Items

OK - Further testing

We have now identified that the issue is specific to the use of a recurring sale when converting to an invoice results in a missing "back order/build" message.

Any items added to the order that appear on the recurring sale will not show up in the "back order/build" message.

This is a problems for us as the recurring sale we utilise is an order form of all the standard items we stock which we fill in qtys to as per the customer order, in this case it's in order for our biggest customer and at lot of lines and items qtys.

So if we have entered in the customer order without a recurring sale we would have at least 10 out of stocks .

Given we have entered the customer order using the recurring sale we have only 1 out of stock which is an item we added to the order that usually appear on the recurring sale.

If we convert the order entered from a recurring sale to an invoice, it will result on negative on hand values of inventoried items (items marked as "I inventory this item" and have a current and correct Asset Account) and "corrupt" our file.

What do we do here?

@Steven_M are you able to help? You're our "favourite" moderator apologies for the tag if inappropriate

Cheers

AJHS

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Re: Purchase Order Not Received In showing Item as available

Hi @AHJS 

I'm a little confused with your situation here, your first post you mention purchases and the second you are referring to sales?

However, in saying that, I've gone through creating a recurring sales order transaction and adding an item that was not initially on the recurring transaction when it is as an order stage. Once that invoice was converted into an invoice, the backorder list window will appear on screen when recording as expected.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
131 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

131Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Steve

Maybe if I put it into context it may help I hope? I  appreciate its hard understand what is happening without a visual.

Purchase Order = Our purchase order for stock we inventory and sell.  Items are on their way from our supplier and not yet on hand, our purchase order remains in order state

Recurring Sales Order = The recurring sale we use as an order template for a customer that contains each of the standard items purchased from us.  Entered in order form then converted to an Invoice once supplied and used to create a back order for stock that wasn't supplied as it wasn't on hand

Back Order List Window = was NOT appearing for items entered using the recurring sale.  There was an item that was added as new line at the bottom that was not usually purchased from us by that customer that wasn't in stock but on it's way.  That item DID appear on the Back order list window whilst the items that were on hand but entered from the recurring sales (not added as a new line) DID NOT and were allowed to be invoiced out and create a negative on hand value

We buy bananas, apples and oranges from our supplier ABC and keep them in inventory.  We have an order from our supplier ABC in transit.  Our customer XYZ wants usually orders bananas and apples from us an everytime they do, we enter their sale in from a recurring sale in order form.  They don't usually buy oranges from us so its not on their recurring sale.

Our Purchase Order to our supplier ABC is still on its way.   We have run out of bananas but still have a small amount of apples and oranges on hand.

Customer XYZ wants to order from us bananas and apples so we create a sales order to supply them what we can, they also want from oranges from us they don't commonly order so we add that as a new sales line on their sales order at the bottom.  We fulfil what we can and wish to back order the quantities we can't supply to them once we get restocked (our purchase order from ABC).  We convert XYZs sales order into a sales invoice but we have not be able to send any bananas and only be able to part supply apples and oranges.  We expect quantities of all 3 items to appear on the backorder list window but only oranges do. 

For a reason we don't know, a negative on hand value is created for bananas and apples and customer XYZ is invoiced for items we could not supply instead of being back ordered.  Oranges are handled as we expect whereby they are invoiced for the quantity we supplied and a back order created for the quantity we could not and no negatitive on hand value is created in inventory.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @AHJS 

If I have understood the process you are using I am seeing those particular values showing in the Backorder window as I would expect to see:

Bananas and Apples listed on the original recurring order transaction

Attachment.PNG

If you are encountering a different situation, it sounds like a minor corruption with the recurring transaction and the recommendation would be to delete and re-setup that recurring transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
131 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

131Posts

35Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you @Steven_M , it does seem to still be happening and again only using a recurring sale.  At time of invoicing from the order we're not getting the "back order/build/buy' pop up and it's allowing a negative onhand value of an inventoried item.

Is there anything else we could try?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 3.29.21 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 3.31.52 pm.png
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Hi @AHJS 

As it does appear to be only occurring when you using the recurring transaction, my recommendation would be to delete the recurring transaction before recreating it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post