MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Re: Delete account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User eftl
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
eftl
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi

I have tried several times to delete an account an it gives me the message - an account with journal entries cannot be deleted.  There are no entries against the accounts.  

For instance, I set up a code, posted a transaction against it, changed my mind and changed the transaction to another code.  Then went to delete the original code, and even though there are no transactions against it, it will not let me delete it.

Trace

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,615 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6615Posts

441Kudos

1065Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @eftl,

Sorry to hear you are having issue deleting the unwanted account. Unfortunately currently there is an issue in the new AccountRight prevents accounts from being deleted, even if the transactions recorded was deleted or changed. 

There are two options you can use to work around this issue:

- Use 'Combine Accounts' to merge this account with any other account, this account will be removed then.

- You can edit the account number and name and turn it into a new account for different purpose. 

Sorry about the inconvenience caused, our developers are still looking into this issue, hopefully it will be rectified in a future update. Please feel free to let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Lizardqueen
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Lizardqueen
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, I am having this same problem. Just wondering if this glitch has been fixed yet????? or is it still happening???/

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Hi there @Lizardqueen,

Unfortunately, this issue hasn't yet been addressed. As mentioned in the post above, the main workaround at this stage is to combine the unwanted account with another one to remove the old account. Alternatively, you can also edit the account details and use it for something else.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience. When this issue is due to be addressed in a future release, all relevant clients should be informed accordingly.

Please don't hesitate to post again should you have any other queries or require further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post