Reportable FBT amount in 2019-20 Tax Year but employee terminated in 2018-19 tax year - How to report via Single Touch Payroll?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

48Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reportable FBT amount in 2019-20 Tax Year but employee terminated in 2018-19 tax year - How to report via Single Touch Payroll?

Hi, 

How do I go about reporting a Reportable FBT Amount to an old employee who was terminated prior to the current tax year? As there was not payments to the employee in this tax year - she is not appearing in STP Reporting Centre. Before we had STP we had a work around for this to create a $10 and -$10 in their employee  card file pay history to have the employee appear in the list of payment summaries. 

Thank you for your response in advance.

Regards,

Laura

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,428 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,428Posts

547Kudos

519Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reportable FBT amount in 2019-20 Tax Year but employee terminated in 2018-19 tax year - How to report via Single Touch Payroll?

Hi @Laura85 

Thanks for your post. In order for an employee to be reported through STP you need to have processed a pay for them, so you could remove the termination date from the employee card and process a $0 pay for that employee. I would recommend checking on the tax implications with your accountant before doing this as it is for a previous payroll year.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

48Posts

4Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Reportable FBT amount in 2019-20 Tax Year but employee terminated in 2018-19 tax year - How to report via Single Touch Payroll?

Thank you for that. I am the accountant and this is how reportable fringe benefits amounts are reported. The employee had the benefits provided during FBT year commencing 01/04/2019 - 28/06/2019 which are reportable this tax year and but finished with us on 28/06/2019 (last tax year! So this is the problem. I still have reportable fbt amount to report for her because the FBT year runs 01/04/2019 - 31/03/2020. 

I have just removed the termination date and ran a $0 pay to this employee so that has just worked! I can now report the FBT amount to her as she has appeared on my list! Thank you for your help Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post