Reports accross periods

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
94 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

94Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reports accross periods

Hi all

Is there a  way to get around MYOB not allowing reports accross periods? 

There are a few instances where this causes me problems. 

One is that we work on a calender year, but the payroll function in MYOB is financial year.  I would like to be able to run a payroll report that begins 1st Jan to 31 Dec for example (for our calender year reports, budgeting, etc) but MYOB says this is accross two periods and wont allow it.  Will I always need to combine and calculate both reports for the first half and second?

Also, for some of our acquittals, I need a P&L accross more than one year for one reason or another, to get the total spend on some accounts over the period of grant, not necessarily a calender/financial year. 

Thanks

Lani

1 REPLY 1
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reports accross periods

@LaniOUP 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Because the Payroll Year is dictated by the ATO as 1st July to 30th June you will always have problems doing any calendar year reporting.

The only way is to run the reports, as you said, in 2 halfs, export them to Excel and combine them.

The same for P & L you have to do reports in the periods allowed and export to excel to combine.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post