Reports only print landscape even if portrait selected

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jane3
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi, Below is what I posted in the Idea Exchange section, but thought I'd post in the getting started section as well. I couldn't see any other dropdown option for my issue.

This is the post I lodged Jan 2020. No real solution was provided by MYOB.

We have Accountright Standard. We have a cloud based internet.

When I work from home from the cloud, despite selecting Portrait from the Print Preview Orientation selection, ALL REPORTS are generating in Landscape.

For example my Bal Sheet is normally 2 pages. It's now 4, because generated in landscape.

The functionality to generate reports in Portrait orientation is not working.

Our IT guys tried to look at the problem. My default printer is set to portrait. Our pdf generator (still prints landscape even if I print to pdf/export to pdf or save as pdf) is set to portrait.

Another possibly related issue is that whenever I click the Paper Size dropdown and click on More Pages Sizes, MYOB crashes. I've saved the error log, but not sure why this function won't work either.

My subsequent post Jan 2020:-

I don't understand how, but the problem is now miraculously fixed!!

I logged in yesterday from the office computer, and reports were fine, generating in portrait, and I could change paper size without MYOB crashing (not that I needed to, but checked it anyway).

Bear in mind I was the only user affected, and it was only from my home computer that the problem existed.

So, I logged in from my home computer this morning, and hey presto, problem gone!!

I can change paper size without crashing as well.

I saw one other report of the same issue, but way back in time. I didn't see a solution on the forum.

I want to generate year end GL dumps now, from my home computer. Same issue. Printing in landscape is frustrating, generating so many extra pages, and not easily readable.

Can anyone provide a solution????

Jane

6 REPLIES 6
Jane3
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Hi there,

This is the post I lodged Jan 2020. No real solution was provided by MYOB.

We have Accountright Standard. We have a cloud based internet.

When I work from home from the cloud, despite selecting Portrait from the Print Preview Orientation selection, ALL REPORTS are generating in Landscape.

For example my Bal Sheet is normally 2 pages. It's now 4, because generated in landscape.

The functionality to generate reports in Portrait orientation is not working.

Our IT guys tried to look at the problem. My default printer is set to portrait. Our pdf generator (still prints landscape even if I print to pdf/export to pdf or save as pdf) is set to portrait.

Another possibly related issue is that whenever I click the Paper Size dropdown and click on More Pages Sizes, MYOB crashes. I've saved the error log, but not sure why this function won't work either.

My subsequent post Jan 2020:-

I don't understand how, but the problem is now miraculously fixed!!

I logged in yesterday from the office computer, and reports were fine, generating in portrait, and I could change paper size without MYOB crashing (not that I needed to, but checked it anyway).

Bear in mind I was the only user affected, and it was only from my home computer that the problem existed.

So, I logged in from my home computer this morning, and hey presto, problem gone!!

I can change paper size without crashing as well.

I saw one other report of the same issue, but way back in time. I didn't see a solution on the forum.

I want to generate year end GL dumps now, from my home computer. Same issue. Printing in landscape is frustrating, generating so many extra pages, and not easily readable.

Can anyone provide a solution????

Jane

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Reports only print landscape even if portrait selected

Hi @Jane3 

Thanks for sharing your concerns. It should be worth noting that as the report orientation is not working on one computer and appears to work on all the other machines, the issue is environmental and localised to that one machine only. 

The orientation in reports is determined by the settings in the report itself and then the printer settings. However, as you mentioned they both are set to " portrait" and the reports are still getting printed in landscape, you can try saving the report as a custom report in the portrait orientation to ensure the changes are saved before printing. 

Regarding the issue of the system getting crashed while making other selections, please attach the error log that gets generated so we can advise why that is happening. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jane3
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Komal,

Thanks for reaching out!

See attachments:-

- error log when I click on the save custom reports - it crashes. I tried a couple of times to save a custom report, no go.

- error log when I click the paper size drop down - no options listed, just More Paper sizes, then when I click on that, it crashes.

- screen dumps - printing errors

- example of print preview, even though portrait selected

FYI we operate through a cloud based network. I do not have Accountright standard loaded as a program on my local computer.

I only access to MYOB is through the cloud network.

Printer settings are therefore set in the cloud network.

I have checked both Adobe and Microsoft print to PDF layout preferences; both set to portrait. Both set to A$ as far as I can see.

I recall last time I had the issue I reached out to our IT support.

They confirmed print settings within the cloud network are set to portrait and A4.

I tried something on Saturday. I asked someone at the office to log in as me and print a report. No issues, printed portrait.

Last time, once I did this at the office then came back to my home computer, it seemed to autocorrect. No go this time, the issue is still there.

Any ideas???

Jane

Jane3
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Komal,

To eliminate issues, I checked with another cloud user. They logged in from home to MYOB.

They were able to print in portrait, and multiple paper size options were displayed from the dropdown.

Therefore, logically, as you say, the issue would seem to be localised to my local PC.

I will reach out to our IT support to see if they can find a solution.

In the meantime, any other thoughts welcome!

Many thanks.

Jane

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Jane3 

I've checked with our teams and gone through the error logs. The issue does seem to be with that one system only. Reinstalling AccountRight and running it as an admin might be worthwhile. As the reports by default are getting displayed in the landscape too, you can try changing the orientation in the Print Preview tab. If the system crashes at that stage too, your IT might have to run Windows Event Viewer logs to check the source of the problem. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jane3
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Komal,

Process of elimination, it seems the problem is localised to my PC.

Therefore I spend time with our IT support yesterday.

It seems the problem is that my hard drive is on the way out, close to dying!!

Problems with my mouse response speeds and so on.

So to all those following this thread, I can report that the problem was never with MYOB!

It was purely to do with the inadequacy of my hardward!!! Smiley Sad

Thanks for all your help in getting me along the way to finding the solution, which is to buy a new machine!

All the best

Jane

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post