Roll Back Financial Year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlphaCo
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Roll Back Financial Year

Hi All,

My company account's was previously outsourced to an accountant but he/ she did not perform any backup file.

Now we need to gain access to the payroll system for financial year end 2018, hence I have no choice but to roll back the financial year.

I logged in using Administrator, but the roll back of financial button is not functioning.

You may refer to the attached screenshot photo that I pasted on microsoft word.

I did call to MYOB Customer Service and wasted several hours for no solutions.

It can be very frustrating where time is so precious and you waited for nothing.

Is there anyone out here in the community can help me please?

Thanks and regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,108Kudos

903Solutions

Re: Roll Back Financial Year

@AlphaCo - Do you know if this file had been upgraded to this version of AccountRight?

The Roll back feature in AccountRight 2019 will only be able to roll-back if the Financial Year was rolled in that version that was capable of the roll-back. If the financial year was rolled over in AccountRight Classic and then upgraded, then this won't let you roll-back as this was not rolled over in the capable version.

Another thing is that you can only roll-back once, if you have already rolled-back at one point you cannot do it again.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

AlphaCo
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear @Haydes  thank you so much for the reply.

Unfortunately my company have no information of all the factors mentioned by you, hence there is no way for me to clarify such matter due to the previous accountant is not willing to cooperate with us.

Since we need to gain access on the payroll for FY 2018, may you please advise what should we do now without getting the previous accountant involved?

FYI, I noticed that the MYOB company information reflected the financial year is at 2018, however the payroll financial year end is at 2019, is that might be the reason why that I can't rollback the financial year?

Thanks and regards,

Alpha & Co.

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,108Kudos

903Solutions

Hi @AlphaCo 

I'm sorry I focused too heavily on why the roll-back button wasn't working to focus on what your intention was, the roll-back button only rolls back the Financial Year and not the Payroll year.

If you're looking at gaining access to a previous payroll year, what is your intention for this? Are you trying to make changes to the figures here or are you looking at running reports for this period??

Generally once a Payroll Year is closed it cannot be unlocked and the workaround is to restore a backup to a point before it was ever closed.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or