STP & AccounRight v19

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

STP & AccounRight v19

I am most disapponted to hear that MYOB are ignoring all the Premier v19 desktop users requests & pleas to have this version upgraded to include the STP requirements . I am using the Live version for our NZ company and Premier for our large Australian company. I understand that the developers don't want to support this version and are dedicating to the Live version but I can say that I am not a fan of the Live version and find it limiting. Reports are missing the customise button which is very annoying along with other features only available in the desktop version. We also use the M-Powered feature which is unavailable in the Live version. I feel very annoyed as a long term user and advocate of MYOB that I am being pushed into using an inferior product due to the drive to get all users into the Live version.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,014 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,014Posts

5,018Kudos

5,410Solutions

Re: STP & AccounRight v19

Hi @Kay_

Thank for your feedback in regards to AccountRight Classic and AccountRight 2017.

Single Touch Payroll (STP) will be made available in our AccountRight 208 range. There are a number of different advantages of this program over AccountRight Classic such as the ability to work in the cloud, retrieve bank transactions directly from the bank, directly pay your superannuation from your software and much more (Help Article: What's new for v19 users does have a full range). Also, AccountRight 2018 will contain 2-factor authentication which will soon be a requirement for users interaction with the ATO software.

As you have indicated, our AccountRight Classic range will not be receiving STP. For clients that are currently using multi-currency, negative inventory, multi location inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge, have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019. If you are not using one of those options, then we do recommend upgrading to AccountRight 2017 to take advantage of the benefits of that product and Single Touch Payroll when it is released - Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight would be able to assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

What happens after May 2019? Can you please confirm that by then multi currency will be available in AccountRight?
Or do my clients need to find an alternative platform?
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,043 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,043Posts

1,543Kudos

1,838Solutions

Hi @FionaProAccts

I do know multicurrency is something that our developers are actively working on bringing into AccountRight 201X, to allow clients who are unable to currently unable to upgrade to an STP compliant version to access an STP compliant solution.

We are looking to bring the multicurrency functionality into AccountRight 201X as soon as development allows us to.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Partner
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

A MYOB representative last week advised me that MYOB is going online/cloud only, and would not even answer whether any desktop version data files will still activate. I cannot find any information from MYOB to clarify the curcumstances desktop customers will soon be in.

I have been a MYOB user for 17 years, and stunned that MYOB refuses to even be transparent about this.

If I cannot trust MYOB with my desktop software, how can I trust MYOB with even greater power in hosting my data file in the cloud?

I also am most disappointed, not a fan of the live version and the manner in which customers' needs are being overridden.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post