Selectively email suppliers to notify them of an address change

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

75Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Selectively email suppliers to notify them of an address change

It seems absolutely absurb that a user can't simply tick a series of suppliers (in this case) and the click an email button to send them all a change of address notification say.  Needless to say one can't selectively export contacts either so good luck with that then.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Selectively email suppliers to notify them of an address change

Hi @HmmmReally 

AccountRight currently has the option to generate a personalised letter to respective cards. This uses the Mail Merge capabilities of the Microsoft Word. See Help Article: Personalised letters for more information on that topic. Note: this generates a word document that allows printing not emailing.

In terms of emailing, AccountRight doesn't allow for the user to bulk email their card. If you are needing to email a card, this can be done individually by selecting the Email button at the bottom of the Card Information for that individual card. If you are looking at more of a bulk system you could look at exporting out their email address through the Export Data feature of the Import/Export Assistant. Alternatively, configure the Card List window to show those email address and then copy that information out. Once you have that exported information produce an email to the relevant cards external to the product. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

75Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Selectively email suppliers to notify them of an address change

Hi Hmmm,

Yep, won't be doing that.  I have 550 Suppliers and they all need to be notified of our change of address.  We could go the archaic route of mail merge.  Or simply allow the user to tick the one's that are to be amailed.  Hmmm, I guess the only other way would be to export said cards with Co Name and email only as a comma delimited file then export to Excel, format the range as a table, sort alphabetically and then write a formula to add a ";" to each email address in a third column.  Now one simply has to select a range of newly resultant email addresses and paste them into the BCC of an email template.  Hmmmm, how nice would it be to forgo all that and give the user the ability to bulk email from within the program?  Which reminds me.  Why cant receipts be emailed?  Hmmmmm.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post