Set up multiple default accounts for purchases?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TJAccounts
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Set up multiple default accounts for purchases?

Hi

When adding a new purchase, if paid on the same day there is no option to choose which account it has been paid from, there is only the one option for the default account.  Sometimes I pay from the bank account & sometimes from the credit card.  At the moment, if I'm paying with a credit card, I'm processing the new purchase without the payment, then going back in to the purchase to assign the payment where I can choose where the payment came from.

Is it possible to have more than one payment option on the original purchase so that I can specify where the payment has been deducted without having to go out of the screen & back into the purchase again?  This is very time consuming!

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Set up multiple default accounts for purchases?

Hi @TJAccounts 

When you enter an amount to be paid today on a purchase, the account used will be the Bank Account for Paying Bills nominated under Setup >> Linked Accounts >> Purchases. As this field only allows for one linked account to be setup, it doesn’t allow for payments coming from different accounts.

In terms of specifying where the payment came from you would either need to record the payment separately, which would allow you to select the desired account. Alternatively you could use a holding account as the nominated bank account and then reimburse the holding account from whichever account made the payment

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TJAccounts
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Neil, that's what I thought - it's very time consuming and would be great if there could be a drop down box with payment options at that point.  How do I put that forward as a suggestion for future versions?  I'm sure there are very few people using MYOB who pay all of their bills from one account.

Thanks for your help

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

@TJAccounts 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

As @Neil_M said you set the default account in the Linked Accounts but you can change that account when you go to make the payment.

There is a drop down arrow on the Pay From Account window that will show all Bank and Credit card accounts all you do is choose the one you want.pay from acct.PNG

This appears in Spend money, Pay Bills and Payroll.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post