MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Setting up a New MYOB File

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User V_Oliver
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
V_Oliver
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Setting up a New MYOB File

I currently do data entry for a few companies through MYOB online and just do my own personal data entry on the desktop version of MYOB - all using the AccountRight Plus 2018.4 version.

I have also been doing data entry for a client in a ledger book, as there's only been a few transactions to input each quarter.  His looking at employing staff for only about 2 months of the year picking fruit and I have said to him that keeping to data entry in a ledger book may come a bit complicated come July this year due to the new STPR that comes into effect and by having a computerised software program would definitely make things a lot easier.

He doesn't want to really go out for something expensive, as it's only a small business and the increased data entry is really only for a couple of months each year.

So what options would he have that I could suggest to him?  Can I set a file up for him just through my desktop version or not?

Looking forward to hearing back from you re this.

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner Geoff_
1,720 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner

1720Posts

371Kudos

180Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Setting up a New MYOB File

Hi @V_Oliver

I think your cheapest answer is to use your desktop version or failing that set him up with MYOB Essentials which I see is $658 per year. You may be able to purchase another file for him from MYOB, they used to be only about $20 I don't know if that has changed, if may pay you to ask your Account Manager

Refer http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/How+many+files+you+can+put+online

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service
MYOB Bookkeeping Partner, BAS Service Provider
Phone 08 9754 7680
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
V_Oliver
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Great, thanks for this information Geoff.

I think maybe it might be best to set him up on my desktop file as you suggested.  I will have to look into this further then to see how I go about getting another licence and what it costs.

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

218Kudos

24Solutions

I suggest you hold off for a while as he may be able to continue with the ledger book. The ATO website states the following for Employers who have less than 19 Employees:

Employers with 19 or less employees

Legislation to extend Single Touch Payroll to include employers with 19 or less employees is currently before parliament. The Bill has been passed by the Senate with a number of proposed amendments. It has been referred to the House of Representatives to consider the amendments put forward.

For now, you can choose to report through STP. Talk to your software provid er to find out what you need to do to update your software and start reporting.

We won't force employers with 19 or less employees to purchase payroll software if they don’t currently use it. Different STP reporting options will be available by 1 July 2019 to help smaller employers.

We have asked software developers to build low-cost STP solutions at or below $10 per month for micro employers – including simple payroll software, mobile phone apps and portals.

We have received over 20 expressions of interest (EOI) from software developers and will publish a register of the successful EOIs we have received by 30 November 2018.

Micro employers (1–4 employees) will also have a number of alternate options that are not available to employers with 20 or more employees – such as initially allowing your registered tax or BAS agent to report quarterly, rather than each time you run your payroll.

Exemptions to STP reporting will also be available if you have no internet or an unreliable connection.

There are already ATO approved third party providers on the ABSIA Product Catalogue which could save money for your client.

Cheers

Liz

34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
V_Oliver
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Excellent Liz, thanks for this information.

It would be best then for him to hold off until the time gets closer to see what options there are.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post