Something's gone wrong error with editing or creating a new account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PavelS
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Something's gone wrong error with editing or creating a new account

Hi! I'm trying to create a new account or edit existing and see the same Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close error.

I use MYOB AccountRight 2020.2 version.

Reinstallation doesn't help.

Please find a file attached.

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Something's gone wrong error with editing or creating a new account

Hi @PavelS 

Generally speaking, with "Something has gone wrong" messages we do need to grab the error log (bottom left of the message) so we can investigate in more detail.

However, in this case, try clearing the cache file on that computer as per Clearing the AccountRight Cache. If you are still encountering that error, try navigating to the library location on the computer and renaming the company file. 

Should you be still encountering that message are trying the above situations, we would require that error log to investigate further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

PavelS
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I've tried solutions mentioned above and still experiencing that issue.

Please find an error log attached.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @PavelS 

Thank you for providing that error log.

I would recommend ensuring that you do have the linked accounts set for each option - Help Article: Something's gone wrong error: "System.NullReferenceException" would be able to assist with that topic.

If you are still encountering that situation with your created company file, I would check to see if the same thing does occur in the sample company file Clearwater. This would give you an indication of whether it's file specific or environmental.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

PavelS
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I've checked all the accounts in Linked Account section and they are all linked. I also updated MYOB to the newest version. Tried to check my tax code linked accounts but when I edit them or create a new tax code I get the same error "Something's gone wrong error with editing or creating a new account".

I also openned Clearwater company file and the same thing does occur there so I cannot edit or create new accounts or tax codes using Clearwater company file too.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @PavelS 

If the same thing is happening in the Clearwater company file it is likely an environmental factor at play as it's happening across multiple company files.

I would typically suggest a reinstall at this point but you mentioned that you have upgraded to the latest version so completing that task, in theory, is the same as a reinstall. As such you would be looking at an environmental factor. The recommendation would be to look at temporarily disabling applications such as anti-virus, firewall, automated backup programs and other applications to you can create those accounts. I would also recommend a potential reinstall of Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8 on that computer. 

Also, I notice in the error log that you have an unusual format for the date/time stamp; Time: 20 января 2021 г. 20:57:03, normally this would be in the format Time: Wednesday, 20 January 2021 3:31:55 p.m. or similar. So I would be making sure that your region and language settings in Windows is set to be English (Australia) and you are using an Australian version of Windows without a language pack installed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

PavelS
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

I've changed regional and language settings to English (Australia) and that helped to resolve the issue. Thank you so much.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post