7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Stop Bank Feeds from using cheque numbers - URGENT FIX REQUIRED

Since the lates upgrade (24th September 2019) in Account Right the bank feeds have now been assigning cheque numbers to transactions and transfers Instead of the EFT code that was previously being assigned.  

This is creating a big mess of the account as we now have cheque numbers being repeated.

i have seen this discussed in another post with the ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION being to go in and manually change the reference number on each transaction before approving?????

NOT ACCEPTABLE - If I have to manually change transactions then i might as well not bother with the Bank feeds and just go back to manually reconciling the accounts.  Using a cheque number should not be an option as cheque numbers are assigned as they are issued where as other transactions are reported as they occur.  If anything we should be able to choose the reference we want on the transaction ie have it as an option within each Bank Feed Rule

File attached show bank feeds now assigning cheque numbers to bank fees.  This is not helpful

This is not a request to be added to  a wish list of improvements ... the fact the Bank feeds are assigning cheque numbers is an issue that needs to fixed ASAP

Bank Feeds.JPG
16 REPLIES 16
Experienced Partner katebradfordnz
32 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

32Posts

38Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Stop Bank Feeds from using cheque numbers - URGENT FIX REQUIRED

I agree - this has been changed since the last upgrade when it was working perfectly fine before that.  We have 6 different companies with upwards of 30 transactions a day in each - manually changing these is not a solution, it's a lazy suggestion.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,982 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,982Posts

4,411Kudos

4,786Solutions

Hi @ShellN  ( @katebradfordnz )

Generally speaking, the original poster on a thread will mark a post as an accepted solution. As such, it is up to that user to indicate that a reply has solved their problem/deemed to their provide information to resolve their situation.

In terms of the bank feeds using the cheque number sequence, this has been something that we have identified with the AccountRight 2019.3 version and will be addressed in our next update AccountRight 2019.4. Although, no ETA has been announced for that version at this stage. A full list of issues and their statuses are located on AccountRight 2019.3: Things you should know

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User JackieW
31 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

31Posts

21Kudos

2Solutions

No ETA is not acceptable.  It worked previously and this issue is causing one of my clients in particular an enormous amount of trouble and wasted time and financial costs. URGENT, URGENT & MORE Urgent

Partner Rusty59
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

I agree, this issue needs to be sorted now.

Trusted Cover User JackieW
31 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

31Posts

21Kudos

2Solutions

It has been two weeks since you responded about the error in Bank Feeds - is there any update as to when the fix and associated update will be available??

EBS
6 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

6Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I agree, I've just had to google why all of a sudden this was happening and found this page and I think the response from MYOB is unacceptable.  The amount of work to manually change cheque numbers to EFT, Dir Dr or whatever is very cumbersome.

Why do we have to waste time trying to find why suddenly MYOB has stuffed up this process?  Can't they put a message on when we sign in?  They don't seem to have any problems putting their annoying "cross marketing" notifications on.

Please apply a fix urgently as this is a problem for most of us but for those that process many transactions, it would be a nightmare.

No wonder a lot of people are crossing over to Xero.  At least they listen to their customers.

denise096
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M- no ETA is not acceptable!!

I actually really don't care why it happened with the update. The fact is that it did, and your software developers by now would know how unhappy your subscribers and partners are and exactly what went wrong!!

It needs to be fixed............ AND NOW!!! I am not the only one with clients that have been massively impacted by this. It's a huge issue if you're relying on bank feeds and rules to get through transactrions quickly!!

NOT HAPPY!!!!!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,982 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,982Posts

4,411Kudos

4,786Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your additional feedback with regards to this situation.

As has been indicated with my earlier post on this thread, Spend Money transactions generated from a Bank Feed rule using the cheque number instead of "EFT" is something that will be addressed in our next update AccountRight 2019.4. 

AccountRight 2019.4 is currently still in development and as such we are not able to provide an exact timeframe for when that particular update will be available to all clients. However, we will be releasing In-Product updates and announcements on the AccountRight Blog once the update is available so clients can download and install that update.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User ShellN
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Needs to be fixed with a patch urgently... should not have to wait possibly months for an update.  This is causing erroneous data  and referencing to be recorded in the files which can make searching and reporting on transactions a difficult process as well as creating false audit trails.  This impact of this is significant and I don't think you quite get that.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post