Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Sync to new computer when it is the same one

Hi Team

I have a window claiming that sync to new device takes awhile but i am using the same device i have for years
Accountright Live has just allowed sync without issue until now

Ok, sync anyway but then it warns you have online file with same name and must create a new name?
Why would i want to change the company file name of 6 Myob company files just to sync each?
What other issues may it cause?

Ok, call support for direction in fear of causing bigger problems

Seems the # gets the response, "We are having technical difficulties, please try again later"
Ok, kept trying for 2 days with no change?
Google "Myob outages" - Seems there are none listed
Google "Myob technical difficulties" Seems there are none listed

Check support # Still shows 1300 555 123

Simply not good enough for the subscriptions paid

Please advise and BTW, i reckon the issues i have had prior with Myob, has amounted to Thousands of $$$ in direct costs and indirect costs but also my personal time and days away from business in the last 2 years.

This is just another issue that should not exist, with no support or backup when the support line is having "Technical difficulties"

This latest issue will find me requesting a Months free subscription for all 6 company files, which still will not cover the lost time due to inadequate services provided by you.

Is the Mass exodus to Xero and others any surprise really?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Sync to new computer when it is the same one

Hi @Sooty 

When you sync a company file the system will check to see if there is already a sync company file located on that computer for that Windows user. It will do this by looking into the hidden folder on your computer:

C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline\.sync

If you have been syncing successfully on that computer before it is likely that another Windows user is being used (as the directory is Windows user-specific), the sync files have been moved or deleted OR the system is unable to find the original sync files. For those situations, we do recommend re-syncing the company file to that computer. 

If you have checked that location and the sync file do exist, my recommendation would be to move out the myox files from that location to another folder (i.e. the Desktop) before re-syncing those company files. This will ensure that a fresh copy of the syncing can continue. You can then delete those moved, now no longer required, sync files at your leisure

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sooty
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Sync to new computer when it is the same one

Excellent support thanks Steven

I guess it is a kneejerk response to historical issues with Myob and way too much lost time / expensive repairs and generally a loss of confidence back then
Seems this sits in memory and when something Myob related stops progress, the response is from the historical issues 

Either way, Myob has actually been doing well for some time and your advice solves the problem at hand
I really remain unsure why the issue arose, as i am the only user of this pc, use Myob daily and manually sync regularly 

Thanks for your valued support, moving old sync files to a different folder and resyncing was the simple fix that did not require renaming of files

Kind regards

Sooty

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post