Katiek
Partner

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Time Out Error

Hi there,

I note that this error was flagged on one of your forums that it was a known issue and it was resolved but I would like to know what the resolution is.  When preparing an electronic payment file in the payroll screen and when batches are prepared in advance we have been getting this error.... if you click cancel and exit the screen and then go back in it will generally allow you to see the employees to be paid.  Thank youScreenshot (2).jpg

6 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,837 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6837Posts

737Kudos

951Solutions

Re: Time Out Error

Hi @Katiek

Generally speaking a timeout error occurs when AccountRight is trying to complete a task in a certain length of time and hasn’t been able to do so. This can happen for a number of reasons, but in terms of resolving it there are two main ways.

The first is to reduce the amount of information that you are trying to pull. In the Prepare Electronic Payments window for example, this would involve having fewer transactions in there to load or going in and clearing the window of all transactions on a regular basis so the window remains as empty as possible.

The second core option is to increase the length of time or allow the program to work more efficiently. I note that your dealing with an online file in your screenshot. In some cases, checking the file out by going to File >> Check Out. This downloads a copy of the file onto your computer, which in some instances can allow your file to work a little quicker which can resolve some timeout errors.

Additionally we do have a timeout extender available upon request. This extender extends the length of time AccountRight allows for a transaction to complete, which has allowed some users to overcome these timeout errors

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Partner Katiek
9 Posts
Partner
Australia
Katiek
Partner

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Thank you so much for your message.  We do keep the electonic payment area clear and only have the payments required to be there listed.  It might be becacuse it was looking for a date in advance.  How do we go about getting the time out extender for just that company file?

Thank you

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
565 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

565Posts

83Kudos

98Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Katiek,

The Timeout Extender is a change in the software configuration for the computer you are operating on. This change will be updated for your software in general and will simply extend the period in which it will stop the operation in a "Time Out Error".

I have sent you a Private Message containing the instructions on the Timeout Extender for you.

You can check your Private Messages by clicking onto your Avatar in the top right and clicking the envelope.

Note that at the time of posting this the envelope may not appear as are we currently experiencing issues loading our web assets, in which case you should have a "1" floating without an icon which you can click on under your name in the side-bar.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Experienced Cover User doublet
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
doublet
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

6Kudos

2Solutions

Hi @Hayden_B
may I get those instructions too please? I also have timeout errors on a fairly regular basis.

Thank you
Teresa

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
565 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

565Posts

83Kudos

98Solutions

Hi @doublet,

No worries, I have sent you a Private Message with the instructions on how to extend the Timeout period on your AccountRight software.

You can check your Private Messages by clicking onto your Avatar in the top right and clicking the envelope.

If you get any snags, or have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Experienced Cover User doublet
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
doublet
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

6Kudos

2Solutions

Thank you Hayden,

I read your message, and will see how things go - I have just this week moved onto the NBN and perhaps timeouts won't be an issue anymore... if they are I will do as you recommend in your message.
Thank you

Teresa

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post