RDE_Electrical
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

To do List very slow to load

Hi Community

Product: MYOB Accountright Plus v 2018.4.1 via Network Library

Just recently, for no apparent reason, the 'To Do List' is taking around 3 mins to load (OK, that doesn't seem long, however, this seems like an enternity when you are used to the list showing instantly).

I have tried adding the AccountRight file to the exception list in the antivirus software with no change.

Following a previous post I also checked the Clearwater sample file and the list came up instantly.

We also have a MYOB live file which is fine. 

Any other tips on how to fix would be appreciated?

Many thanks 

Natalie

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Re: To do List very slow to load

Hi @RDE_Electrical 

There is no magic bullet to improving the speed of AccontRight 2018, however, some clients have found some success with Help Article: Speed and performance tips. Note: this doesn't work for all systems and environments.

I would also like to point out that occasionally the To Do list can be relatively large and thus may take a larger time to load compared to if there was limited information. If you do have a number of records you might want to see if you can close some of those records off i.e. delete old recurring transactions, remove old contact log entries... 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User RDE_Electrical
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
RDE_Electrical
Contributing Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I have already looked at the 'Speed and Performance Tips'.

The 'To Do Lists' do not even take up one screen apart from the trade creditors screen.

We have never had this problem previously.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,566 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28566Posts

3368Kudos

4199Solutions

Hi @RDE_Electrical 

Sorry to hear that those tips and tricks haven't worked for yourself. As mentioned, it doesn't work for all users and system.

To my knowledge, there is no a lot we can do to investigate why that To Do List is not loading in a timely manner. Generally, it would be due to a particular record or records that would be affecting it. If you did want to do see what you can do to improve that situation I would take a copy of the company file and then go systematically through removing transactions/items from that window in that copy of the file. If you do find a transaction that is causing that particular slowness we can investigate that particular case to potentially see what is causing that.

Having said that we are in the final stages of testing for AccountRight 2019.1, which does include some key changes around certain aspects of the program that are intended to speed up that area. While I haven't seen some anything changes around the To Do List, it may be worth waiting for that to see if things do improve. AccountRight 2019.1 is due to be released shortly to clients.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post