Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Trusted Partner Lisa_BBP
64 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

64Posts

67Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

Hi,

Is there an issue with bank feeds finding transactions for matching for credit card payments?

For example, when a bill or a spend money transaction was recorded as paid by credit card, the bank feed window used to find a transaction to match and then ask for approval.

Now the bank feed doesn't find transactions paid by credit it only finds a few electronic payments or transaction rules.  I need to keep clicking the find button and extending the date range to search for transactions.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

Hi @Lisa_BBP

When AccountRight tries to match an incoming bank feed transaction it uses a number of different criteria to determine the exact matching transaction. One of these criteria is the date of the transaction coming through on the bank feeds.

If there was a date discrepancy between the transaction in your company file and the date the transaction on the bank statement, then the matching doesn’t happen automatically as the dates don’t line up.

Although it does depend on your bank, some banks can have a slight delay on the date of the transaction on credit card transactions as they have a processing or clearing period. This would mean that any transactions coming through on the bank feed would have a different date to the corresponding transaction inside your account.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Partner Lisa_BBP
64 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

64Posts

67Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neil_M

Thank you for your reply.  I understand that there are certain criteria but I thought it was a 7 day date range rather than the actual date of the transaction as we all know that there can be delays in credit card processing transactions.  Also, I thought the amount of the transaction was used for matching as well.

In the past it was working fine but it seems it has changed since the update to version AR2018.1.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Lisa_BBP

When a transaction initially comes through it is based on a direct match, and not a date range, the same is true for the amount being a specific amount. However, both have to match along with a number of other criteria before AccountRight will consider it a match in the bank feeds window.

Its not until you choose to find the transactions that AccountRight will look to a range of dates. To the best of my knowledge there were no improvements or changes made to the bank feeds system in the last release, however I have passed your comments onto our team.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post