Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Peter_Gardner
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

i have spend money transactions which are recorded in MYOB up to 10 days before they are set up for payment by the bank. These transactions don't show up in Find in the bank feed. I have tried widening the date range to make sure they are included, buy no success. The transactions are on the bank statement and show up in the reconcilliation window. Is there some way of adjusting the find criteria to include these transactions?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

Hi @Peter_Gardner

Basically, to make a transaction appear so it can be matched in AccountRight  there are 3 requirements that need to be met:

• The transaction needs to be going to the bank account that you have set up as your bank feeds account. You can check this via going into the transaction and taking a look at the account number at the top of the screen. This account number needs to be the same as the one listed in the Banking>>Bank Feeds>>Account.
  • The transaction needs to have a similar date range and amount for that bank feed transaction. I would recommend finding the transaction via the Banking>>Bank Register window to check that particular transaction has been entered correctly.
  • Finally, the transaction must not be reconciled or marked as cleared in the Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window. For example, if you open up the Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window and there is a tick next to the transaction it has been marked as cleared. This would make the transaction not be able to be matched.

So provided that those payments impact the correct bank account, is on a suitable day, has a suitable amount and not reconciled or marked as cleared you should be able to match that transaction. 

If you are sure that those requirements are met with those payments I would love to see the following so we can investigate it further for you:

• The payment transaction i.e. the Spend Money transaction
  • The bank feed you are trying to match it to*
  • The Find window for that bank feed with suitable dates and amounts
  • The Bank register showing that transaction*
  • The Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window showing the payment transaction.*

*Please make a note of the account that is showing at the top of these windows.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Peter_Gardner
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Transactions not found for matching in bank feeds

Hi Steven

thank you for your reply. I am now rather puzzled - i had manually reconcled the transactions, as they didn't show up in the find window, even though I set the search date to include the date of the transactions, which was only one day prior. All the other factors you mentioned were correct. So I un-reconciled the batch, and now they show up in the find window. There was an update, but I can't recall whether this was installed after the problem. Anyway, I hope it is all OK now.

kind regards

peter

PS most inpressed with the response to my query, it's a relief to have that support.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post